New guy here; Saying hello

ChameleonTherapy

Established Member
A new reptile shop opened up down the road from me; and I stopped in to check it out a few weeks ago. I always thought chameleons were neat, but it wasnt until I spent some time with this guy that I really caught the bug. When his little hands wrapped around my fingers I was just done.

chameleo.jpg

On a personal note, I got sober on July 6th and started going to AA meetings. Not long after, I met this little guy, and as he climbed my fingers over and over I just felt this sense of peace watching him. Like me, he has nowhere to go but up. He was so sure-footed and careful, and serene, and I just felt a weight lift of off me while we were hanging out.

Needless to say, I put in an order for a juvenile ambilobe panther of my own. He won't ship until it cools off a bit, but I have all his supplies coming, and I also got a bioactive kit from The BioDude on the way so that he has a home ready when he arrives. I've already given him the name Bodhi.

I've been lurking on the forums all day, so I just thought I would share. Thanks in advance for the guidance I am seeing here.

Peace!

he’s absolutely beautiful! You’ll have to be sure and update up when yours comes in! If you need any help or advice, please don’t hesitate to ask!

Kammerflage Kreations is one of the absolute best. That’s where I got my guy. They’re pricy, yes, but you get what you pay for. They have amazing lineages and so far, everything I’ve heard has always been amazing.

Kammerflage Kreations is one of the absolute best. That’s where I got my guy. They’re pricy, yes, but you get what you pay for. They have amazing lineages and so far, everything I’ve heard has always been amazing.
Do you know if there is anywhere I can find them around 250-300?

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your new one when it arrives. Any questions on equipment feel free to ask as you will get the straight scoop from forum members.

A new reptile shop opened up down the road from me; and I stopped in to check it out a few weeks ago. I always thought chameleons were neat, but it wasnt until I spent some time with this guy that I really caught the bug. When his little hands wrapped around my fingers I was just done.

View attachment 273261
On a personal note, I got sober on July 6th and started going to AA meetings. Not long after, I met this little guy, and as he climbed my fingers over and over I just felt this sense of peace watching him. Like me, he has nowhere to go but up. He was so sure-footed and careful, and serene, and I just felt a weight lift of off me while we were hanging out.

Needless to say, I put in an order for a juvenile ambilobe panther of my own. He won't ship until it cools off a bit, but I have all his supplies coming, and I also got a bioactive kit from The BioDude on the way so that he has a home ready when he arrives. I've already given him the name Bodhi.

I've been lurking on the forums all day, so I just thought I would share. Thanks in advance for the guidance I am seeing here.

Peace!
Welcome to the community and congratulations on the push for sobriety. I find your honesty refreshing and feel your a bit of a kindred spirit. Don’t hesitate to ask for advice because there is a wealth of knowledge available on this forum, and people that are more than willing to help in all ways. Anyway glad to have you aboard!

Bill

Change of plan. I had very little communication from CBreptiles after I placed my order. A week later and nothing had shipped yet. I cancelled it and I'm going with chameleonparadise. If anyone else has experience ordering from Bruce, IM curious about something. He sent me pics of a "baby bin" setup for the first couple weeks after my new friend arrives.

Do any of his prior customers know if these dowels are just glued onto the sides of the bin? If so is there a recommended non-toxic glue that will hold the weight of a 2-month old panther? I don't want to bug Bruce with this question as he seems very busy.

Attachments

• IMG_0879.JPG
    IMG_0879.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_0880.JPG
    IMG_0880.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 108
Change of plan. I had very little communication from CBreptiles after I placed my order. A week later and nothing had shipped yet. I cancelled it and I'm going with chameleonparadise. If anyone else has experience ordering from Bruce, IM curious about something. He sent me pics of a "baby bin" setup for the first couple weeks after my new friend arrives.

Do any of his prior customers know if these dowels are just glued onto the sides of the bin? If so is there a recommended non-toxic glue that will hold the weight of a 2-month old panther? I don't want to bug Bruce with this question as he seems very busy.
honestly, I would just plop him in a normal cage if he's 3+ months(which he should be.) Don't waste time with a baby bin youll only use for 2 months

Yeah still... It's really up to you. Just giving my personal feedback. For 2.5 just put him in cage.

IMO waste of time. Up to you.

Welcome to the forum. People normally use hot glue guns to glue dowels in place. just make sure to pull off any stringy stuff so the cham does not ingest it.

For thorough and accurate info I recommend this husbandry program. It will wall you through all aspects of care. https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/
Here is panther specific info https://chameleonacademy.com/panther-chameleon-care/

Read through all the info in the modules. If you have questions let us know.

Welcome to the forums!

You said...."On a personal note, I got sober on July 6th and started going to AA meetings".... I hope you stick with this. It's not an easy thing to do. I hope you make it.

You said...."Not long after, I met this little guy, and as he climbed my fingers over and over I just felt this sense of peace watching him. Like me, he has nowhere to go but up. He was so sure-footed and careful, and serene, and I just felt a weight lift of off me while we were hanging out"...therapy chameleon! Should be as good as a therapy dog for you!

They are amazing creatures and I've Leah's loved watching them too!
Good luck with both things!
Is is a good place to learn about chameleons...lots of people with knowledge and successes here.

Welcome to the forum. People normally use hot glue guns to glue dowels in place. just make sure to pull off any stringy stuff so the cham does not ingest it.

For thorough and accurate info I recommend this husbandry program. It will wall you through all aspects of care. https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/
Here is panther specific info https://chameleonacademy.com/panther-chameleon-care/

Read through all the info in the modules. If you have questions let us know.
Sweet! Another rabbit-hole! I will check out those links.

Back
Top Bottom