New From Chameleonsonly today

ricksli

Arrived today. I can’t believe the color for only 4 months old. Sire is Fowler.
9049797A-0D55-43E6-8855-E3CF03E7B6D9.jpeg

Wow, nice chameleon! I personally would never, ever ship a chameleon that size in a cup that size though! How long was he in there?

I agree with you @Matt Vanilla Gorilla . I think if the paper towel weren't taking up move than half the space, it would have had a lot more room.

What do you ship yours in that don't fit in a deli cup? I've done things like tape 32 oz cups on its sides, but I'm not really happy with that. I hate the idea of putting them in a bag. I'm a bit reluctant to put them in a paper bag because my guys can have sharp horns. It's something that I haven't found a solution that makes me happy. With my species, I have to worry about their horns getting caught in a hole, too.

I do not currently breed chameleonso with horns so I do not have that added challenge with shipping. Putting larger panthers in a bag is really not hard on them. They quickly go to sleep due to the dark and can move a lot inside the bag if they feel the need to streatch.

Boy, shipping chameleonstatus with horns safely would be quite the challenge! More kudos to those of you who do breed and ship them safely! Knowing you, @jajeanpierre I am sure that every shipment comes along with a lot of stress and striving for perfection!

I have seen horned chameleons shipped in cloth bags surrounded with foam peanuts. These were the large Kenyan Xanths.
I get your concern over the horns piercing the bag.

And back to the tread topic. He is super handsome. Congratulations.

As info the paper towel wasn’t taking up that much space. When I opened the shipping container he was sitting on the bottom of the cup with plenty of room.

The paper towel shifted around like that as he climbed on top of it wanting out while I quickly snapped the picture before transferring him to the cage.

And he’s doing great. Ate about 10 crickets today!!!

Back
Top Bottom