New enclosure

I finally finished Rango's new enclosure and his new uvb light came in! Any suggestions? Still a work in progress IMG_20220319_090451754.jpg IMG_20220322_021406257.jpg IMG_20220322_021422943.jpg

I hope the inside is waterproof, and there's a way for a drainage system.

I agree a good way to employ plants is to begin with 1 or 2 (in this size enclosure) centerpiece plants, and build out from there.
https://chameleonacademy.com/plants/

FWIW, I find it easier to begin with the plants and add the branches afterward. Others have done it the other way around, but that can complicate how & where you can fit plants in.
Branches serve for climbing where plants can't/don't. I started with larger plants that are strong enough for my cham to climb on, so the number of branches can be reduced. Fewer branches also makes the chams think (exercises their minds) & figure out how to get from point A to point B. ;)

Yes we used a water based Polyurethane to seal the cabinet and make it water proof along with silicone in all corners and edges I only manually mist him so I didn't put a drain system in and no I don't use repti carpet it is live moss he also has a zoo med t5 linear 5.0 uvb and it's a 30", thank you for the advice on the plants!

Thank you can I get your honest opinion on the cage I've worked really hard on it, I love Rango so much and want him to thrive I do agree with everyone about branches and plants which I am getting tomorrow I'm still new to this I've only had Rango for a short time but I'm really trying to do everything I can for him.

Thank you can I get your honest opinion on the cage I've worked really hard on it, I love Rango so much and want him to thrive I do agree with everyone about branches and plants which I am getting tomorrow I'm still new to this I've only had Rango for a short time but I'm really trying to do everything I can for him.
I love it. I think once you get that extra coverage and a few more branches you'll be golden!! You did a really nice job on it!!

The cage is coming along. You just need smaller diameter branches for the cham going throughout the cage. check basking temp as well looking for 80-85 max end. You want your distance to basking for the UVB to be 8-9 inches with a single bulb T5HO and a 5.0 bulb if you are using aluminum screen for the top of the enclosure. If you show what material you got that will tell us if you need another adjustment for distance. And let us know if you have a single bulb UVB fixture or multi. And you want to put some nice full Veiled tested center piece plants in there. Home depot or lowes nursery should have quite a few in.

chameleon academy plants.png

So I added some new plant today and also his basking temp in at 82 and we used just standard window screen

Attachments

• IMG_20220325_205902690.jpg
    IMG_20220325_205902690.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20220325_205917359.jpg
    IMG_20220325_205917359.jpg
    266.5 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20220325_205931392.jpg
    IMG_20220325_205931392.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 47
Back
Top Bottom