New enclosure for an Ousty..

TommyS

Hi everyone..my name's Tommaso(tommy)and I'm from Verona(italy)...i wanted to show you the repti-domus(40x40x80h(cm)) i prepared for the oustaleti i'm getting this week..
keep in mind that I still have to put some branches in it...
DSC_7373-1.jpg

DSC_7374.jpg

DSC_7375.jpg

P.S:this is my first ever cham!

Tommy what size UVB bulb will you be using? I understand that those types of enclosures don't allow in a lot of UVB. Perhaps your Ousty doesn't need that much? ( I don't know the species that well). Thank you.

The lights need to go on top of the enclosure, to avoid damage to the chameleons eyes and allow him to find them properly.

If the UVB bulb you currently have is a Compact Flourescent, I would swap it out for a linear reptisun 10.0 or equivalent.

If it looks like this, it's potentially dangerous for you chameleon...
9761234010C.jpg

It should be one of these...
097612343182C.jpg

Other than that, I'd say you have a good 6 months before you have to find a larger enclosure for an Ousti. They do get rather long, which makes it tougher to provide adequate space. Best of luck and post pics as things progress!

Luis

The lights need to go on top of the enclosure, to avoid damage to the chameleons eyes and allow him to find them properly.
can it really be a problem?because I don't have any other place where to put the lights...but if it could hurt it..I'll try to change place..

can it really be a problem?because I don't have any other place where to put the lights...but if it could hurt it..I'll try to change place..

if you get a dome for the light you can just rest it on top. this is what you want,Exo Terra Glow Light Clamp Lamp and Reflector

Back
Top Bottom