New enclosure and Cricket the Cham seems stressed

Great. I got my stand also so the cage will be Elevated tomorrow. I was Misting it way too much because my gauge said it was too low. I’m hooking up my Mist King system tomorrow when I put it on the stand. Part of the bottom is blocked but not all of it I will attach a picture. After I set the misting system to go off right before his lights turn on one short period during the day and then right after his lights turn off I can monitor to see if she needs a fan for the cage too. I was thoroughly surprised by the differences between the two gauges. I did put the new gauge in the middle of back right corner because that seemed the most protected from getting directly sprayed but please let me know if I should move it or add another one at a different part of the cage they’re not very expensive.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    466.7 KB · Views: 79
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    475.6 KB · Views: 78
Great. I got my stand also so the cage will be Elevated tomorrow. I was Misting it way too much because my gauge said it was too low. I’m hooking up my Mist King system tomorrow when I put it on the stand. Part of the bottom is blocked but not all of it I will attach a picture. After I set the misting system to go off right before his lights turn on one short period during the day and then right after his lights turn off I can monitor to see if she needs a fan for the cage too. I was thoroughly surprised by the differences between the two gauges. I did put the new gauge in the middle of back right corner because that seemed the most protected from getting directly sprayed but please let me know if I should move it or add another one at a different part of the cage they’re not very expensive.
So top near the lights are going to be about 20% lower then in the plants. Your humidity reduces the closer it is to the heat. You could always get a second gauge if you want and put it at basking level.

The only thing about the pc fan on top and why I would do it with your set up. Is with this cage you want the chimney effect. I can see that the sides of the bottom panel are not as blocked by the bag but a pc fan will help pull air up and out. You do not want the air getting stagnant because it is not circulating enough. Getting the cage up on the stand will help but the pc fan will give it more circulation. Judge for yourself... When your opening the cage if the air has that stagnant odor then you want the fan.

So top near the lights are going to be about 20% lower then in the plants. Your humidity reduces the closer it is to the heat. You could always get a second gauge if you want and put it at basking level.

The only thing about the pc fan on top and why I would do it with your set up. Is with this cage you want the chimney effect. I can see that the sides of the bottom panel are not as blocked by the bag but a pc fan will help pull air up and out. You do not want the air getting stagnant because it is not circulating enough. Getting the cage up on the stand will help but the pc fan will give it more circulation. Judge for yourself... When your opening the cage if the air has that stagnant odor then you want the fan.
Thank you for explaining that. I ordered a fan today and another gauge to put lower today so hopefully by next week I will have everything set up more correctly. I’m going to put a new thread up with all changes I made to ensure I didn’t miss anything. Chameleons are a lot more complex then I initially thought and I wish I would’ve done more research. Hopefully she can make it through just a little bit longer with the less than ideal set up. I’m keeping an extra eye on her temp and humidity until I get the rest of the supplies. Thanks again. I will also I did get soldier fly larva and she ate them up today. I’m still waiting for my feeder. Thanks again!

Thank you for explaining that. I ordered a fan today and another gauge to put lower today so hopefully by next week I will have everything set up more correctly. I’m going to put a new thread up with all changes I made to ensure I didn’t miss anything. Chameleons are a lot more complex then I initially thought and I wish I would’ve done more research. Hopefully she can make it through just a little bit longer with the less than ideal set up. I’m keeping an extra eye on her temp and humidity until I get the rest of the supplies. Thanks again. I will also I did get soldier fly larva and she ate them up today. I’m still waiting for my feeder. Thanks again!
I think she will be fine. You did set this enclosure up with almost all correct info. Your just tweaking it now. And the big one is you got this baby when she was extremely young if she is only about 4 months old now. If you can get them through that stage as a new keeper you obviously made changes quickly and paid attention to the details.

Back
Top Bottom