New dowel help

SmokeJoker

Hello, I got some new dowel rods to put into my chams cage and was wondering if they should be soaked and baked before putting them in. I got them from lowes so I'm not sure if they need to be baked or if a good scrubbing will be good enough for them to ready to go into my little guys cage. Thank you for the help.

a good scrub should be fine but to be safe i would bake them at 350 for 10 min. That will kill anything.

No prep needed, but a word of caution; dowels are too smooth for the cham to grip, so they grip harder to walk on the dowels, and to rest. I would use mostly branches, which are natural.

Cheers!

Nick

i agree with nick. Too smooth but i would still bake them but thats just me. Im over protective

I mainly use the dowels to help hold up the exo Terra jungle vines and a couple fake vines I have. I usually don't see him walking on them because of all the other things I have in there for him, theres just one main rod he uses to get into his tree in which he usually sleeps in.

Thank you for the help, I didn't know how long to bake them either so thanks for that tip. I'm overly cautious about things because I want it all to be perfect.

Back
Top Bottom