New DIY cage

I would think a 3x3 cage floor will be hard to support on its own. Even egg crate would probably sag under any weight.
Good point! My egg crate floor is supported at various points by partitions in the drain pan.
In a drain pan without such, supports can be added via small blocks, stacked egg crate scraps, etc.

Looking good!!
Are you going to put plywood in the top of the stand?
I would think a 3x3 cage floor will be hard to support on its own. Even egg crate would probably sag under any weight.
Yup, that's an enclosure.

If that's how it's going to sit, I think it's still going to be too low. Chameleons—most being arboreal—are most comfortable when their basking area is at or above our eye-level (e.g. 6' or so).

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/meet-pinocchio.179637/#post-1624355
She sits about 5.5’ high. So I’ll put the basking site near the top. Don’t have more room to make it taller. But I think it would work fine.

Looking good!!
Are you going to put plywood in the top of the stand?
I got plexiglass bottom which ima paint brown to make it look like “dirt” and I’m going to put 3 beams Inside the top of stand for support.

Back
Top Bottom