New Diet???

jonr

My cham is about 4 months old male veiled and eats around 15-20 1/4 crickets a day and recently i gave him some mealworms and he gobbled them up... So i want to switch to some better worms that i saw online and i beleive the come 200 count of reptiworms x2 so a total of 400 for 25$ shipped. My question is if i want to feed him worms how often and how many at a time also how often should i go back to crickets? Thanks

i think your better using crickets as more of your staple and worms as more of a treat..imo..no reason he cant have worms..just not for every feeding..also i would switch to bigger crickets depending on his size..general rule of thumb is the crickets cant be bigger than the width of his head.so use that to estimate the size of crickets you need.

i think your better using crickets as more of your staple and worms as more of a treat..imo..no reason he cant have worms..just not for every feeding..also i would switch to bigger crickets depending on his size..general rule of thumb is the crickets cant be bigger than the width of his head.so use that to estimate the size of crickets you need.

Thanks yea i figured a treat but with the worms being used as a meal instead of crickets everyday it will at least save me a trip to the pet store for crickets all the time.... thanks ill def give it a try cause he seemed to love the mealworms.

mealworms are bad because of there hard shell..use a different worm..also depending on what you keep your crickets in..you can make a big cricket keeper really cheap that can hold hundreds of crickets..i used a tote from wal mart...i would be able to hold like over 1000 crickets but i dont need that many at a time..i buy a couple hundred though. saves me plenty of trips.

Back
Top Bottom