New chams arrived... are they of right size to breed?

If they are large. Then no more than 5. Make sure that you are gutloading them with good! The better you feed the bugs the better for your chameleon.

If they are large. Then no more than 5. Make sure that you are gutloading them with good! The better you feed the bugs the better for your chameleon.
I am not questioning you. It has been a while since I had a panther, but I don't remember feeding over 3 adults a day, and his are sub-adults. Can they really eat that much safely?

Thanks guys well so far my chameleons just ate 2-3 adult dubian male roaches... i thought that was too little but if it is 3-5 then i guess they are not far off the mark hehhe... by the way the lip is all good now went back to normal

really? thanks for the info.... i thought a high protein diet for the roaches works and makes them grow faster i guess im wrong time to change roach diet... thanks so much for the info what veggies are best? the roaches seem to love apples and cabbage

really? thanks for the info.... i thought a high protein diet for the roaches works and makes them grow faster i guess im wrong time to change roach diet... thanks so much for the info what veggies are best? the roaches seem to love apples and cabbage

The problem with dog/cat food is the high animal protein.

Dubia convert it to uric acid and store it. This is then fed to your chameleon...and over time that builds up in the system at the joints and can cause gout.

Plant protein... Like alfalfa or beans do not cause this and are better to use.

Yes, that should be fine. You might want to look into getting some Premade Gutload sent to your house because its a lot easier to feed to the bugs.... I use oranges for hydration for the feeders. This gives extra vitamins and makes the container smell good!!

I posted pics on the health forum a picture also of the chameleon's droppings still a slight trace of orange but not completely orange half of it is now white

hmmm my male sub adult seems to not be eating that much he ate the first 2 days he was here about 2 adult dubian roaches a day... but yesterday i noticed he didnt eat at all... i let the roaches roam around he doesnt seem to like cup feeding... u guys think i should offer other types of food?

Back
Top Bottom