new chameleon

kendalllarue86

let me know how ive been doing the past 4 days! i fed him calcium powder with d3 twice but then i didnt know it would hurt him but hope it doesnt he only ate 12 dusted crickets with d3

That is to much he can overdose :( a good schedule and supplements you will need is Calcium with NO d3 every feeding but Sundays use Calcium with d3 once then the next Sunday use multivitamin

So calcium with d3 and multivitamin only use twice a month every Sunday just use a different one and the plain calcium with NO d3 every feeding and you will have a happy chameleon in the supplement area :)

By the way what kind of chameleon do you have? Cause that supplement schedule will be different if you have a Jackson Chameleon

and what about substrate my local pet store told me to use eco earth i bought it but havent put it in yet cause im kinda iffy about it

By the way what kind of chameleon do you have? Cause that supplement schedule will be different if you have a Jackson Chameleon

i have a jackson and i only gave it dusted crickets twice and he only ate a couple so will he still be okay and i gotta go get some vitamins for him really soon and another uvb since the otehr one blew ive been shareing my bearded dragons uvb with the cham so he can still get some uvb light

We need to know what kind of cham you have to give you the correct supplement schedule.

No substrate at all. a cham can eat it and become impacted.

to make sure you get the correct information (because most pet stores employees arent trained properly) please fill out the how to ask for help form.

copy and paste it here as a reply.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/how-ask-help-66/

We need to know what kind of cham you have to give you the correct supplement schedule.

to make sure you get the correct information (because most pet stores employees arent trained properly) please fill out the how to ask for help form.

Your Chameleon - jackson male ive had him about 5 days now have him in a 4x2x2 repti breeze he is still a BABY i might add so he has room i just need some more plants and some more vines
Handling - only held him once
Feeding - no vitamins at the moment i feed him around 3-4 crickets a day
Watering - i seen him drink once i have a monsoon mister it goes off every 2 hours for one minute and i have a little dripper with a water drip vine
Fecal Description - havent noticed any yet dont know what to look for exactly
History -basicly rescued him from my local pet store they had him in a small glass area with no vines/plants and they had a still water dish in with him no mistings i could tell cause the coco husk was so dry.:(

i found this stuff for vitamins what do you think about it T Rex Chameleon Dust this is the description Sandfire Super Foods Completes the nutritional value of feeder insects. This is to be used every feeding. Just dust your crickets, and feed! This is specifically designed for chameleons

Okay Jacksons don't need that much supplementing get plan Rep-Cal Calcium no D3 and dust his crickets 2 twice a week but use rep-cal Calcium with D3 1 to 2 times a month and multivitamin once every 6 weeks Jacksons can overdose easily so you want to be careful I am no expert but other members with Jacksons do this schedule and his poop will be brown with a white part attached to it but sometimes they get separated the white part is his pee if its white then he is hydrated if its orange he is dehydrated hope this helps :)

Okay Jacksons don't need that much supplementing get plan Rep-Cal Calcium no D3 and dust his crickets 2 twice a week but use rep-cal Calcium with D3 1 to 2 times a month and multivitamin once every 6 weeks Jacksons can overdose easily so you want to be careful I am no expert but other members with Jacksons do this schedule and his poop will be brown with a white part attached to it but sometimes they get separated the white part is his pee if its white then he is hydrated if its orange he is dehydrated hope this helps :)

local pet store only carries vitamins with d3

Yeah I believe you have to order it online :/ petsmart or petco should have calcium with D3 and the multivitamin but plain calcium you definitely need to get online :/

Try feeding by hand or cup feeding

i do but he exactly wont let me hold him to do it he isnt agressive i just dont wanna force him.he will eat out of the cup from his cage no prob but i dont want him eating off the sides of the cage like he likes to do because i gotta hold the cup for him and he likes to stay really high and it makes my arm tired and etc he will go after a few in the cup and i do put atleast 13 crickets in the cup to offer and i got him some mill worms imma try later on to day due to it being 5:02 but he will only eat a few crickets and just walk away and i try to offer him some more later but he wont take it its like he will only eat in the mornings or some thing or maybe i gotta gain his trust better so i can get him to come to the vines to eat..

Well that's good you are getting the supplements I suggest not to use any supplements till your correct supplements come in :) he will be fine but definitely follow the schedule I have you remember Jacksons don't need that much supplements like Veileds or Panthers so he will be fine with the low supplementing and he is a baby so 15 to 20 feeders is good :) for him to eat I hope this helps and you can message me with any questions you have and I will try to answer them as best as I can good luck with your Jackson :D

Back
Top Bottom