New Chameleon!

lisa h

My first Chameleon will be here tomorrow (or Friday). It'll be a male Carpet. I'm so nervous and excited! When I first joined this forum I was awaiting a sickly Veiled I was going to try and nurse back. Unfortunately he died the morning I was supposed to pick him up. I took most of the stuff back to the store, and only kept the lights, the enclosure, and a bunch of fake plants. So, today I have to pick up and gut load some crickets, buy real plants, get calcium and multi vitamins, thermometer, hygrometer, and then set up the enclosure so it's good for tomorrow. Anything extra I should know? I'm so nervous that my hands are shaking and I can't remember a damn thing I read on this forum LOL. I was told the little guy is cb, but he could very well be wc. When should I get him to the vet? Should he have a chance to get settled in or ...? Thanks for reading my rant :)

Congratulation on your new guy. Carpets are cool. What you can do is just bring a fecal sample to your vet first to see if he has any cooties, and then go from there, but leave him alone for the first couple of days so he can adjust to his new surroundings. Be sure to mist him a couple times a day to help rehydrate him. Don't forget to post photos of him so we can see. :cool:

Only boy chameleons have cooties... nothing has changed. :p

Well, if that's the case (which all girls know it is) then my husband has cooties too. He can take care of his own, and I'll take a poop sample to the vet.

There's a reptile show here on Sunday, so if I see any cool supplies I need I can pick them up there. I did not expect to be getting this guy so soon. In fact, I was just going to take the enclosure apart and put it back in the box. It's only out of absolute laziness and procrastination that it didn't get done. Off to get supplies.

Congratulation on your new guy. Carpets are cool. What you can do is just bring a fecal sample to your vet first to see if he has any cooties, and then go from there, but leave him alone for the first couple of days so he can adjust to his new surroundings. Be sure to mist him a couple times a day to help rehydrate him. Don't forget to post photos of him so we can see. :cool:
I'll be sending pictures when I figure out how to. I'll need everyone's opinion to know if he is too fat or too skinny or dehydrated, or god knows what else. I'm so glad I found this forum.

Back
Top Bottom