new chameleon owner!!

Birareptiles

Hey everyone my name is Josh and I just joined this site and am new to chameleons. I just recently got my blue bar ambilobe panther from Chameleon paradise sired by cowboy! I have owned geckos but have always wanted a chameleon and finally got one. i built the cage myself, 16x16x30 and installed the mistking system. I'm feeding him crickets and superworms daily, every once in awhile i let him have a few mealworms, i plan on ordering silkworms this week. any positive feedback and suggestions welcome!!

Attachments

• DSC_0121.JPG
    DSC_0121.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 253
  • 20130501_100304.jpg
    20130501_100304.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 247
  • 20130502_102200.jpg
    20130502_102200.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 268
  • 20130502_104151.jpg
    20130502_104151.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 215
  • 20130505_191009-1.jpg
    20130505_191009-1.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 260
Your going to need a 24x24x48 in less than 6 months. That cage is way too small for an adult. The setup looks good though.

Nice set don't know if you have real plants but there always a good idea. And I dropper so your Cham can always have water.

He looks great! i don't see anything wrong with him or your husbandry. I am a soon to be chameleon owner too im so excited :D:D:D

He is 4months old. I'm actually already planning on building 24x24x48 cage soon and this cage will then be my outdoor setup. My plants are all real with the exception of one leaf plant hanging in the corner. The mistking system works wonders! I love it. I have a cup with a small hole for a dropper sitting on top. My mistking is set to go off 4times a day and the cage dries out in between mists. He hunts for his food and eats from my hand as well. He still is iffy with coming out onto my hand but I've only tried once since I've had him. I've had him for about a week. I will work on gaining his trust. Thanks for the input!!

He is 4months old. I'm actually already planning on building 24x24x48 cage soon and this cage will then be my outdoor setup. My plants are all real with the exception of one leaf plant hanging in the corner. The mistking system works wonders! I love it. I have a cup with a small hole for a dropper sitting on top. My mistking is set to go off 4times a day and the cage dries out in between mists. He hunts for his food and eats from my hand as well. He still is iffy with coming out onto my hand but I've only tried once since I've had him. I've had him for about a week. I will work on gaining his trust. Thanks for the input!!
Welcome to the Paradise Chameleon Club;)! I have a Kandiroo baby and he's just the same way. Hunts like a champ and eats from my hand but doesnt like to climb on, only uses my hand as a branch. You're setup looks good and post pics of your cage when its done!

Welcome to the forums! Bruce sure has some awesome animals. Your guy is really colorful, I especially like that fourth pic, that green is off the chain! Does he have a name yet? I just got a Kandiroo baby myself exactly one week ago! Like everyone says, pretty easygoing all around. Here's a link to his thread if you want to check him out :) I'll definitely be looking at Renley momentarily! (awesome name btw)

https://www.chameleonforums.com/finally-got-my-very-first-cham-109190/index3.html

I can't wait to see your kandiroo baby grow! Kandiroo has awesome colors! I really like the yellow and blue on cowboy so I hope my little guy turns out with some nice yellow and blues! I'm still trying to figure out a name :p I'm trying to come up with an exotic and different name

Roma is getting more colorful! I've had him a little over a month now. He's alittle over 5 months

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 158
Hi Josh, welcome to the forum, and congrats on your new pet.
You have very good taste, that is a sweet little cham :)

Sounds like you already know your stuff :)
Have you named him yet, or did I miss something?

chameleon paradise

I want buy my first chameleon and found one I'm interested in at chameleon paradise,but have not found any feed back about this breeder,till now.I just want to make sure I get a good healthy male.Any input about chameleon paradise would be greatly appreciated.Thanks

Nice job!! For fun and to give you something to look forward to, here is a pic of one of your guys older brothers!!

Sired from Cowboy, 13 months old.

And the the last poster, Bruce and Chameleon Paradise is great to work with. You cant go wrong getting an animal from him.

Bobby

my kandiroo babe

my 5.5 mnth old is a Kandiroo ...he actually has more yellow coming in...looks a bit like your guy....great to see your guy thriving, beautiful colors. this is my first cham,it is an adventure!:D

Great job Josh, you are in the right place for someone new to chameleons & it looks like you did your homework with your setup & picking out a fantastic first chameleon. Welcome to the addiction some foolishly call a hobby!! Keep the pics coming & feel free to ask away with any questions you have, we're all here because we love these crazy critters, so welcome to the forums!:D

Back
Top Bottom