New chameleon owner be gentle :)

I have one hanging on the porch I use for cuttings. As pothos grows you can wrap branches to direct where it goes. Growing down produces small leaves where going up makes big leaves😊
I did not know that the direction the leaves grow made a difference! I did notice I like the vines I have growing in an upward angle best. Makes sense!

monstera in back right quick coffee then another big pothos in the front right its getting there, stones will be on the monstera within the next 20 min was like a maze threading that thing in
311992642_1292171998191807_736857915672042600_n.jpg

So my guy seems to despise the dripper. He turns very dull colors, and he just sits there staring at the drips until they stop, then returns to normal. This isn't a hydration issue because he is fine and drinks from being misted, but my ambient humidity is 50%, so misting keeps him at around 70+ for a few hours during the day. Is this OK, or should I consider getting a dehumidifier?

You don't want high temperatures and high humidity during day can cause URI. At night want cool temp and high humidity

Mine during day 80-82 degrees 30-40% humidity. Nighttime 72-68 degrees 70-90% humidity. I hope this helps
yea night is not an issue neither is day if he wasn't so scared of the dripper 😅 ill keep trying him with it see if he changes his mind, at the moment I'm misting once a day at night for the 80%+ humidity and he is well hydrated and doing fine (urate check) so ill keep up this schedule and keep monitoring him but if things change ill buy a dehumidifier so i am able to mist more

yea night is not an issue neither is day if he wasn't so scared of the dripper 😅 ill keep trying him with it see if he changes his mind, at the moment I'm misting once a day at night for the 80%+ humidity and he is well hydrated and doing fine (urate check) so ill keep up this schedule and keep monitoring him but if things change ill buy a dehumidifier so i am able to mist more
My Chamaeleon‘s don’t drink , it’s really all about your humidity in my opinion . My schedule is One minute at lights on around 6 AM , in one minute at lights off for my panther . Relative humidity during the day varies between 40 and 50% then fogger from 11 PM to 3 AM humidity at 90 to 100% . My Parsons Will get a five minute soak before lights off . There is a difference between the two in temperatures . But what we’re discussing is drinking . And I’ve never seen my panther drink He’s well hydrated .

My Chamaeleon‘s don’t drink , it’s really all about your humidity in my opinion . My schedule is One minute at lights on around 6 AM , in one minute at lights off for my panther . Relative humidity during the day varies between 40 and 50% then fogger from 11 PM to 3 AM humidity at 90 to 100% . My Parsons Will get a five minute soak before lights off . There is a difference between the two in temperatures . But what we’re discussing is drinking . And I’ve never seen my panther drink He’s well hydrated .
ok well i guess ill just leave him too it then like i said my humidity is 50% during the day and 80%+ in the nights and he seems to be doing fine im probably just worrying over nothing 😅

quick update while i have 2 mins :) starting to grow in now 2 days off another pothos going in too had to quarantine it had mealybugs on it, added a very and i mean very thin layer of coco fibre to the bottom since that's part of his patrol and he struggles otherwise 🤦‍♂️(no problems with it yet but im constantly keeping track)

on another note who knew keeping plant would also become a hobby? 🤷‍♂️😅 iv even started growing hot peppers now too (obviously not for his enclosure but personal use ;)

picture of my boy on his throne 😂
313910141_1060964354485539_1300061200588581108_n.jpg

quick update while i have 2 mins :) starting to grow in now 2 days off another pothos going in too had to quarantine it had mealybugs on it, added a very and i mean very thin layer of coco fibre to the bottom since that's part of his patrol and he struggles otherwise 🤦‍♂️(no problems with it yet but im constantly keeping track)

on another note who knew keeping plant would also become a hobby? 🤷‍♂️😅 iv even started growing hot peppers now too (obviously not for his enclosure but personal use ;)

picture of my boy on his throne 😂
View attachment 330988
Looking good. I would pull the cocofiber... This is something that if they ingest it can cause impaction issues. Veiled are notorious for eating things they should not.

Looking good. I would pull the cocofiber... This is something that if they ingest it can cause impaction issues. Veiled are notorious for eating things they should not.
what would you suggest as an alternative? something needs to be there for when he is walking down there or he really struggles and from what i read its the most clean and safe thing to use, i dont free range food (have you seen what one locust can so in 30 min to a plant?😳) everything is hand fed to build up trust and to have less issues with the said substrate but if there is anything safer other than tissue im all ears

Back
Top Bottom