New Chameleon color change

FrostyTeCham

My chameleon is usually a dull green color or brown but today he had some yellow in his scales in his stripes I never saw before is it ok?

Attachments

• IMG_0085.JPG
    IMG_0085.JPG
    260.7 KB · Views: 191
Well that's going to be a problem the vets nearby only have experience with dogs cats and farm animals. What can the eye thing be when I bought him from petco he had it.

How long have you had him? His eye has always looked like that? What does the other one look like?
He always had it I got him about five months ago he is about a year old and I read it is a sign of dehydration so I'm going to water him twice as much

I dont think that its dehydration:confused: I think there is something stuck in his eye and he needs it flushed out.
Well apparently the nearest vet that can do that in in Chicago and my car doesn't have heat I just wear a heavy jacket but I don't think a jacket would do him any good

Looks like a nasty eye infection, to me. Left unattended, they can be deadly, so if you need to make a 4 hour trip to keep your cham, I would say do it. Also, you should be able to check with a local vet. They should have the ability to speak with their colleagues to recommend some treatment. My vet has many, many years of experience with exotics, but even he took pictures and sent emails to other vets, for advice. Either way, I think it's probably a contributing factor to why his color is poor. He is showing signs of distress. The bad thing, is, that they often don't show you those signs until it's too late. So please get him some help, yesterday!

It looks like a cyst of sorts. It could be an infection, however if it is an infection it's very unlikely to have been there for so many months without any other illness signs. Has it gotten bigger since you got him? That would be a sure sign of worry. If not, then it is probably a cyst (which will need to be taken care of eventually but isn't as worrisome as an infection).

Looks like a nasty eye infection, to me. Left unattended, they can be deadly, so if you need to make a 4 hour trip to keep your cham, I would say do it. Also, you should be able to check with a local vet. They should have the ability to speak with their colleagues to recommend some treatment. My vet has many, many years of experience with exotics, but even he took pictures and sent emails to other vets, for advice. Either way, I think it's probably a contributing factor to why his color is poor. He is showing signs of distress. The bad thing, is, that they often don't show you those signs until it's too late. So please get him some help, yesterday!
I would love to but my car has no heat he won't make it 4 hours in a cold car anything I can do for it without driving that far

Until you can get that eye looked at you could try flushing the eye with plain saline eye solution or distilled water. You might be able to help him dislodge it if it part of an old shed. It's worth trying but I'm guessing he's going to need the vets help.

Okay not very ideal but you can try putting in a resonable sized box with lots of blankets and maybe a stick to hold on to and have him "sleep" the whole four hours or something. Or put him on a plant...or SOMETHING because that looks really bad. It looks like how when you mist them and their eyes get big, it's supposed to go back to normal after that. If you're really against the vet, maybe try giving him a shower first. Hopefully the steam and humidity will get that boy some help with whatever is in his eye if it's not to late.

I forgot to say that the eye thing has been slowly getting smaller ever since I got him and today I noticed when he sees food his yellow will be replaced with green color instead

Back
Top Bottom