New chameleon advice please

The3rdMan

Hi - I was thinking of getting a new chameleon (already have a veiled) and wanted some advice on a few species. Can anyone out there who has a carpet or rudis let me know their personal experiences with these species? I love the coloring and the fact that they were smaller than the veiled. One harder to keep than the other? Shyer? Better coloration? More prone to diseases like MBD?
I also went to a reptile show and, although they were huge, was captivated by a bunch of melleri somebody brought. One climbed on me and was so much friendlier than my veiled. I was told that this is pretty rare and that the only chams that are sometimes friendly are panthers, and even then its kind of rare. Handling them isnt a priority for me at all - but less aggressive than my veiled when I clean his cage would be nice.
I am not entirely sure I wanted to get a new one so any feedback on these species would be greatly appreciated.

Carpet chameleons are great... They are small and require much less space that a veiled. They are a personable chameleon that has a lot of color, they tend to be a little on the shy side and no as grumpy as a veiled.

A mellers will take up A LOT of space, much more than your veiled... The care on them is also a lot different. Care of the carpet is something like a veiled.

Care of panthers is very much like a vield, so you might find them an easy addition. Ive had more friendly panthers than unfriendly/aggressive. Plenty of colour choices with panthers.

I cant speak to any other type since I've only got panthers! :)

Back
Top Bottom