New Cham not eating and making slight pop or click noise while breathing occasionally

Drop the spinach...it binds calcium.

It's good that you feed the insects before they are put in the cage with greens, veggies, etc...but the idea of the food in the cage that I suggested is so that they won't bite the chameleon because they have food in the cage.

The thing is babies are hard. I hate that they sell them so young. Yours looks very young. Without everything being set up just right for them they can have issues. But then you also do not know what they were exposed to prior either. And you being brand new and having this tiny baby that is struggling is different then having the hands on experience to know what to do in the same situation.

Honestly eyes closing non stop and being non responsive the baby is shutting down. They decline further and fast until they die. IMO I would return him since he is just getting worse at this point. I know it is sad but the outcome as I see it is not a good one.
agreed?

okay well after dinner i guess im making the dreaded trip back... Do you have any recommendations on what breeders i should order from for my new one? i absolutley hate doing this and especially talking like he already isnt mine is breaking my heart... But since i spent so much on his enlcosure I wanna get a new cham in as fast as possible for my sake as since having him its been stresfull due to his activity and such but he helps me keep my mind off other things going on

Drop the spinach...it binds calcium.

It's good that you feed the insects before they are put in the cage with greens, veggies, etc...but the idea of the food in the cage that I suggested is so that they won't bite the chameleon because they have food in the cage.
ohhh okay thanks for that, i didnt know thts what is was for

okay well after dinner i guess im making the dreaded trip back... Do you have any recommendations on what breeders i should order from for my new one? i absolutley hate doing this and especially talking like he already isnt mine is breaking my heart... But since i spent so much on his enlcosure I wanna get a new cham in as fast as possible for my sake as since having him its been stresfull due to his activity and such but he helps me keep my mind off other things going on
You want one that is a minimum of 3 months old. 4 months is better. And you want to make all the changes to the enclosure first. It gets expensive. If you want a Veiled I would go with someone that has a clutch rather then ordering from the one place you mentioned. They tend to send very very young chams as well.

Once you get through this part you can post a thread looking for a Veiled baby. But I would really think about this. Right now your in a place to take a different path. I do not want to scare you off. This is a wonderful hobby but it is expensive and it can be stressful. My last vet trip alone was $350. I have 3 boys now and am in $5k. Yes, you can do it less expensively but you always have to plan for worst case when it comes to vet care etc.

sorry I tried really hard to help him and I feel bad. I couldn't imagine going through that. sorry for your loss.:( think on the bright side he got to spend possibly some of his last days with you and they were the best days of his life.:) if you didn't buy him PetSmart would have him and he would have been gone days ago. I recommend you buy from flchams or someone on the forums.it is very expensive and you will have some good times and some bad ones. If money is a big issue than you might not want a chameleon. But there are other cool reptiles that are easier and cheaper. personally I think chameleons aren't comparable to other reptiles but that is just my opinion. you could get a mammal to like sugar gliders a hamster or even a guinea pig.

money isnt usually a problem for me but it just took a chunck out of what i had just for startup fees like cage fogger etc. In a week or so i could be able to afford a vet visit to er if needed but the almost 600 i paid just for the start up was not expected

I am sorry this has to happen. You did pretty much everything you could though. do not feel guilty. it was not your fault.
Sounds like he was sick from the beginning. ? at least his last few days were good though!
And yeah you should get another, after this. When they aren’t sick, and you’ve got the set up right, it should be way less stressful. Rest In Peace lil guy.

sorry I tried really hard to help him and I feel bad. I couldn't imagine going through that. sorry for your loss.:( think on the bright side he got to spend possibly some of his last days with you and they were the best days of his life.:) if you didn't buy him PetSmart would have him and he would have been gone days ago. I recommend you buy from flchams or someone on the forums.it is very expensive and you will have some good times and some bad ones. If money is a big issue than you might not want a chameleon. But there are other cool reptiles that are easier and cheaper. personally I think chameleons aren't comparable to other reptiles but that is just my opinion. you could get a mammal to like sugar gliders a hamster or even a guinea pig.
thanks for the help all you guys I REALLY appreciate it and even tho it didnt work out im 100% going to be getting another one asap. Now tht i have real experience with what they need and such i think getting a older one will be alot easier to raise for me being new. And i know, idk why they are sold this young from petstores if they are such a challenge to take care of being 1 month old or so, and the fact they dont do their part just makes me fuming mad

thanks for the help all you guys I REALLY appreciate it and even tho it didnt work out im 100% going to be getting another one asap. Now tht i have real experience with what they need and such i think getting a older one will be alot easier to raise for me being new. And i know, idk why they are sold this young from petstores if they are such a challenge to take care of being 1 month old or so, and the fact they dont do their part just makes me fuming mad
yeah petco is so sad i hate going there, (soon i wont have to! ill be breeding roaches) i cant go in, my mom goes in and gets the crickets because it makes me sad to see the tiny chameleons and dead betta fish, especially the poor almost dead fish on its side, barely breathing, i just cant :mad: ??

I really encourage you to do your research and get the enclosure in perfect shape prior to a new one. This makes all the difference in the world. Good luck to you.

here's homework read and listen to chameleon academy.
and once i joined the forum i did everything i could for him while putting his cage back together, i even took temps before permanently placing zip ties so each one of his little spots was at a different temp and everything. I had a hot side of his cage where he basked and made it more lush in the back with the real plants and fake plastic ones on the screen walls. I think the newest pics of the cage was good, just needs the plants to grow in a little more to make it not so empty about 70 percent up the cage

there were even spots in the middle pothos tht hit a comfy 75 to 76 and had a2 vines going thru my pothos so he could COMPLETELY not be seen by anyone

of course now that i have to wash everything ill be doing this ALL OVER again... but i kinda enjoyed it knowing it was being used by a little friend of mine

Back
Top Bottom