New Cham not eating and making slight pop or click noise while breathing occasionally

Just bought this little guy from petsmart yesterday and he has been pretty calm and not really to active in his new cage, as it is alot bigger then the one at the petstore i figured it will take him a day or 2 to warm up to it. But he hasnt eaten since bringing him home didnt know if this should be a concern or it it was normal for a baby/juvenile to not eat during big moves. But tp the main point he seems to puff up and make a slight pop or click occasionally. He is going to the vet on thursday next week for a checkup but i didnt know if this was worth the 250 ER visit if he can make it till thursday.

Can you post pics of your new guy so we can see general appearance? Is he holding his mouth open when you hear the noise?

Ok take some pics when you can. And if you know what your basking temp is that would be helpful as well. Typically you want no hotter then 80 at basking.

i have a 60 watt daylight bulb with blue hue, i know its not the best but all my household lights are 6 watts or so. But its about 88 at the top but the light fixture is already about 4 to5 inches above cage and uvb is aslo tube arouynd 4 inch from top. The uvb is reptisun 5.0 18in

also he has been drinking fine for the 2 days in my care, i have little dripper and am home most of the time with online school so misting isnt a problem since he is right next to my desk to keep me company

I agree on the temp being a little high. Drake will gape at anything close to 85. Have you noticed any stringy saliva in the mouth?
Well you probably have not had him long enough to notice.

20201017_173125.jpg
20201017_173125.jpg
20201017_173125.jpg
20201017_173133.jpg
20201017_174355.jpg
20201017_174355.jpg
20201017_173133.jpg
20201017_174355.jpg
20201017_173125.jpg

humidity is also between 50 to 75 during day and im misting about once every 1 or 2 hours due to me not having a ficus or other safe plant in their for him right now

I agree on the temp being a little high. Drake will gape at anything close to 85. Have you noticed any stringy saliva in the mouth?
Well you probably have not had him long enough to notice.
i have not noticed anythig like this but i will be checking. like i said i am home most of the day so i can really look at his habits right now and get a good idea how to raise these guys

humidity is also between 50 to 75 during day and im misting about once every 1 or 2 hours due to me not having a ficus or other safe plant in their for him right now
Humidity can be lower during the day and then up to 100 present at night. I would recommend misting in the morning for approx 2 min. Before basking light is on and then in evening after light is off. Want to avoid misting when it's hot.

any recommendations on how to keep it that high with no plant and still misting less often? i dont usually mis tht long as i have no substrate to really soak anything up right now. I severely underexpected the expense of owning one of these little guys.
I usually only spary for 30 seconds or so to make everythting kinda damp and then wait and respray

any recommendations on how to keep it that high with no plant and still misting less often? i dont usually mis tht long as i have no substrate to really soak anything up right now. I severely underexpected the expense of owning one of these little guys.
I usually only spary for 30 seconds or so to make everythting kinda damp and then wait and respray
Yeah, they are expensive to keep. I use a fogger/humidifier at night which can raise humidity as well as give them some hydration.
The one I use is petspioneer available from amazon. @Beman can bring you up to speed on other items you may want to take a look at. She is well versed in accessories ? welcome to our world.

i saw those but i didnt know if they were ment to replace a mister system or bottle method, but now tht i know its for night im gunna need to get that to, little buddy is spending more money then i am.
But is the clicking a worry? it seems to not be as often now tht the temp has settled to 80 to 82. i have the cage maybe 2 feet away from my laptop so the temps fluz a few degrees and i adjust the light height accordingly

i saw those but i didnt know if they were ment to replace a mister system or bottle method, but now tht i know its for night im gunna need to get that to, little buddy is spending more money then i am.
But is the clicking a worry? it seems to not be as often now tht the temp has settled to 80 to 82. i have the cage maybe 2 feet away from my laptop so the temps flux a few degrees and i adjust the light height accordingly

Sounds like a respiratory infection not 100 percent sure but i think it is. They are very pricey i spent about $1200 and I’ve had mine for about 4 months. A lot of is was setting up the enclosure but about $250 of it is food.

Sounds like a respiratory infection not 100 percent sure but i think it is. They are very pricey i spent about $1200 and I’ve had mine for about 4 months. A lot of is was setting up the enclosure but about $250 of it is food.
do you think he will last till next Thursdays appointment or do you recommend an er visit? I dont know if i can do an er visit since they are very pricey and starting at 250 and considering he is under petsmarts warranty for 2 weeks idk what the right move would be.

Back
Top Bottom