New Cham from Paradise Chameleons

No worries about the picture Joe. I thought it was a good one. I have enclosed a current pic. Lots of changes in the ten days we have had him.

I am feeding crickets as I have a local supplier. I also have a bearded dragon, and the thing I like about crickets is that they gut load on the same food that my dragon eats - carrot, sweet potato, dandelion, etc. I'll give silkworms a try when they become available.

Fun watching Tabasco hunt down crickets as they crawl up the side of the cage.

Mark

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 135
I got a holdback boy from Paradise about a month ago. His sire is 24K and dams sire was Cowboy I believe. They have some real stunners. Hes only about 5 months old with these colors, I cant wait until he blooms even more. I named him Kaleido.

307uwaq.jpg

Good luck with your feeders. You got a great selection. I have crickets, silks, and super worms right now. Iggy digs the crickets and silks but not the super worms which is ok. The silkworms eat like pigs and require frequent feedings and cleanings from what I can tell. I only got 50 mediums and wish I had more. I just have them in a plastic tub with the mesh and food they came with and a heat bulb on top. So far so good.

Iggy is rating 10-15 small crickets a day and 1-2 silkworms. I think he would eat more if I let him. I am going to give a few more crickets tomorrow and see if he takes them.

He did his first poop today. Momentous occaision! ;-)
I feed Yoshi 4-5 roaches a day hes pooped 7 times since last Wed.

How hot does the enclore get for your silk worms what wattage of bulb ?

I haven't really measure it but they are thriving. I have a clamp lamp plus a 60 watt daylight bulb on top. I cut a square off the plastic container lid and screwed 1/4" hole square wire with washers over the hole and lay the lamp on top of that. The plastic container is a typical larger size tub with lid.

The silkworm sit in the center at the bottom on the mesh they were shipped with. I out their food on top of the mesh and they crawl up and eat it. I wait for the food to dry out, remove the old, And add new - usually every other day.

I leave the light on all day and night. I will try to post a pic.

Today's shot of Iggy. He sometimes shows a little green and sometimes red on chin and legs and mostly sort do a gray pink color.

He's only been 6 days so I think he's still settling in.

That's yet basking temp probe he has in his clutches. He likes to hang out there and grip onto it. Basking is 83 to 85 degrees in that spot.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 156
I haven't really measure it but they are thriving. I have a clamp lamp plus a 60 watt daylight bulb on top. I cut a square off the plastic container lid and screwed 1/4" hole square wire with washers over the hole and lay the lamp on top of that. The plastic container is a typical larger size tub with lid.

The silkworm sit in the center at the bottom on the mesh they were shipped with. I out their food on top of the mesh and they crawl up and eat it. I wait for the food to dry out, remove the old, And add new - usually every other day.

I leave the light on all day and night. I will try to post a pic.
Sorry for previous thread dumb question on my part I know its for heat but why not 12on and 12off? I like your box though! clean looking.

I got a holdback boy from Paradise about a month ago. His sire is 24K and dams sire was Cowboy I believe. They have some real stunners. Hes only about 5 months old with these colors, I cant wait until he blooms even more. I named him Kaleido.

307uwaq.jpg

Nice- I love the looks of Cowboy and 24K. He's got great colors. Perfect name.

My misting pump fried. I ordered a mistkit w/pump and silk worm kit on mon from coastal silkworms. I could've just gotten a pump but for twenty bucks more you can get the kit. way better deal!

Here are some shots of Iggy today. He continues to eat well. Today he puffed up and showed me some of his color after The mistking went off and I opened the cage to feed him.

His favorites are silkworms and crickets so far. He will eat a super worm but doesn't go for them as much as the others. We also caught a miller moth today and he chewed that down.

Pics attached.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 132
Here is a recent (today) picture of Tabasco. He is doing well and has a big appetite. He is still living in the large Dragonstrand enclosure, which he appears to have claimed as his territory. I have bumped him up to large crickets, which he has no problem devouring.

I am up to 7 live plants in his enclosure, which is filling out nicely.

Mark

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 204
Back
Top Bottom