New Cham from Paradise Chameleons

Bonginator

Here is my new Ambilobe Panther from Paradise Chameleons. I ordered him several months ago and today was the big arrival day.

I had plenty of time to get the cage and environment set up and he seems to be doing well so far.

He started drinking off the leaves right away And did a full shed 45 minutes after arriving and also started eating crickets at the same time. I was thrilled to see him eat so quickly.

His sire is Primo and dam's sire is Candy Cane. After his shed, he started showing a bit more red which is to be expected given his lineage.

Here are some photos. He's my first Cham.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 511
After arrival during shed

Here is a picture of him starting his shed. As you can see, he colored up after his first shed.

Purchasing from Bruce was a great experience. He gave me lots of info and advice on enclosure setup and communicated with me well during the process.

The new guy's temporary name is Iggy. Still trying to decide if it will stick or if he needs a different name.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 275
Pretty animal with beautiful parents!
It's nice to see you so enthousiastic!
Take good care of him :)

Thanks. I will do my best. I have been devouring info off this site for 3 months and learning about humidity, lighting, plants, supplements, and feeding. It has been a wealth of information.

I am amazed at how interesting he is to watch. I have been watching him from afar aisle from feedings and trying to give him his space.

He seems very relaxed and just hangs out when I feed him.

Thanks for the well wishes.

He's adorable. :) I can't wait to see him grow into his colors, the guys in his bloodline are gorgeous.

Thanks, everyone. I appreciate the encouragement. He just at 7-8 more crickets. I put them on a branch and he nails them right away.

I am attached to him already. I also can't wait to see him color up.

Hey good to see you got him. I have his brother he just started shedding yesterday ive been feeding him dubias. loves em and yeah hes so chill and not afraid. I think Bruce does a great job. Im goin to Minnesota reptile expo this sunday hopefull get some silk worms and hornworms.

Thanks, everyone. I appreciate the encouragement. He just at 7-8 more crickets. I put them on a branch and he nails them right away.

Hey good to see you got him. I have his brother he just started shedding yesterday ive been feeding him dubias. loves em and yeah hes so chill and not afraid. I think Bruce does a great job. Im goin to Minnesota reptile expo this sunday hopefull get some silk worms and hornworms.<br/>

Hey good to see you got him. I have his brother he just started shedding yesterday ive been feeding him dubias. loves em and yeah hes so chill and not afraid. I think Bruce does a great job. Im goin to Minnesota reptile expo this sunday hopefull get some silk worms and hornworms.<br/>

That's cool you have his brother. Post a pic of him here when you have a chance. I am glad to hear he's eating Dubias. I was thinking of trying those. My silkworms arrive today so will get him on those as well. Mine ate the crickets right off my ahen this am before they made it onto the branches. Yes, they are very relaxed and don't seem fearful at all.

What did you name your guy? I wonder if anyone had females from that clutch.

That's cool you have his brother. Post a pic of him here when you have a chance. I am glad to hear he's eating Dubias. I was thinking of trying those. My silkworms arrive today so will get him on those as well. Mine ate the crickets right off my ahen this am before they made it onto the branches. Yes, they are very relaxed and don't seem fearful at all.

I havent seen anyone yet. And for a name first it was Oshi wich i like but its a pain to explain, then Yoshi but i deel like everyone has named it their lizard Yoshi. So im lookin for different names again. Have you decided on a name yet? I really like Iggy.

Im pretty sure that i will also have a brother of this family pretty soon. I've been talking with Bruce, and will also be raising a Male from Primo's litter. Im stoked! I will follow up with pictures when it happens.

I havent seen anyone yet. And for a name first it was Oshi wich i like but its a pain to explain, then Yoshi but i deel like everyone has named it their lizard Yoshi. So im lookin for different names again. Have you decided on a name yet? I really like Iggy.

Glad you like Iggy. I am still testing it. It's from Iggy Azaelia as an inspiration.

Im pretty sure that i will also have a brother of this family pretty soon. I've been talking with Bruce, and will also be raising a Male from Primo's litter. Im stoked! I will follow up with pictures when it happens.

That's great. It would be fun to update the thread with pics of these guys or gals as they mature.

Iggy ate a bunch of crickets off my hand today ad I was moving them into the cage. I also got my silkworms but I am trying to preserve some for coccoons. Bruce seems to recommend the silkworms as food.

I can't wait to see pics of the siblings. I am super pleased with this guy. I hope you end up getting one.

I was feeding Yoshi this morning and most of his skin had falen off. Hes redder than before ill post pics when i get home from work

Back
Top Bottom