New Cham from Paradise Chameleons

I was feeding Yoshi this morning and most of his skin had falen off. Hes redder than before ill post pics when i get home from work

It sounds like they are on the same shedding schedule. Iggy got redder too after the shed. Can't wait to see pics of Yoshi. I noticed that after Iggy ate this am, his chin area got a lot redder and then it went back to a tan tone. It looks like these guys will have lots of red.

I have another brother from the same clutch. Name is Tabasco. We picked him up from Bruce on 4/16. Good hunter, with a big appetite.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 191
Yoshi is a humgry hunter too. I woke up this morning hes under his basking spot but wouldnt stop stairong in the corner. Sure thing there was a hiding he was waiting for it. Ive been using dandelion leaves for a staple goat load. What about you guys?

I have another brother from the same clutch. Name is Tabasco. We picked him up from Bruce on 4/16. Good hunter, with a big appetite.

He looks great, Mike! Colors look really good. What's your lighting setup and voltage and misting schedule?

Tabasco is living in a Dragon Strand 48" (I know, above the recommended size for his age) with Dragon ledges. He has the following plants:

3 Pothos
1 Ficus (seems to like sleeping in)
1 Croton

I am running two double t5 fixtures, one 6% Acadia uvb, a 60w basking bulb. I have a mistking connected to a DIY (sample-like) rain dome. Schedule, 2 minutes per cycle:

7:30 (30 minutes after lights on)
10:30
1:30pm
5:30pm

So far, Tabasco seems content and appear larger and redder over his first week with us. Given the size and jungle-like nature on the enclosure, I add crickets twice a day. He goes after them. It is fun watch him snap the easy ones, and then figure out how to get the rest. He travels the entire top 2/3 of the cage.

Bruce sold me a smaller cage which I am setting up in the same manner. I'll keep it for an outdoor sunning enclosure, and on hand if we need to downsize for any reason. As of now, he is happy in the large Dragon Strand.

Mark

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 173
Better picture of Tabasco at the top of the enclosure.

I am gut loading crickets with Total Bites, dandelion, sweet potato, and carrot.

Yoshi huh that is what we were thinking about for ours. I have a picture that was sent to me from Bruce, and i think i may have my chameleon Tuesday. Either way i will also contribute to this family thread, I'm very interested to see the differences between our guys when they get a little older. Bruce's bloodlines are pretty amazing.

I would hate for brothers to have the same name, but I havn't found anything else that i would consider yet... So i will come back with an update on the name too.

unnamed.jpg

Numeral,

Is that the same bloodline (Primo/candy cane)? It has more yellow coming through, however it appears to be in natural light. Nice looking, should be absolutely stunning. Tabasco has more red, with very faint blue bars. But then again, I am viewing under 6.5k T5 bulbs.

Yeah that guy looks way more yellow than ours. I have some red spectrum 25k t5 t5 HO im going throw them in see if colors change
But heres Yoshi this morning!!
uploadfromtaptalk1430057747744.jpg

Hes outdoors in the photo, and yes its the same bloodline. Its sunlight vs Man-made light. I also have a picture of i believe Tabasco as my birthday was the 17th, and that is around when i got a picture of this guy.. and a picture of one of his brothers that was being shipped around that time. Give me a min, i will see if i still have the other picture.. But it is a Primo/Candy baby, from the same clutch.

*Actually i Read over my email with Bruce again, and the other photo he sent me, was actually sent to him from one of the families that had just received their baby. I still think it might be one of yalls. But i could be wrong.

unnamed_1.jpg

Great photos, guys!

Iggy is showing more color each day. Today he showed a lot more red under his throat and on his legs. I can't wait to see how he looks in natural light but so far it's too cold here in CO.

How many dubias, crickets, super worms, silkworms are your guys eating daily.

I have been feeding crickets but it seem like lately they get down under the wet potted plants and drown so they are not my favorite feeders right now.

Just want to make sure Iggy is eating enough for good growth.

Numeral,

That is Tabasco with a cricket in his mouth. I sent that picture to Bruce after I got Tabasco home. Surprised to see someone else post it here.

I went to mist the cage this morning and saw Yoshi looking like that other pic very yellow and oranges. Pretty cool.
I went the cold blooded expo yesterday in MN hoping to purchase silk worms but no luck. Very crowded and to small of a suite .I did find hornworms alot less creepy than dubias. Yoshi snatched one right away!! Yes eating at least 2 dubias infront of me a day. I know hes eating more than that cause i check cage everynigh before for roaches hiding Im hoping never have to purchase crickets.

I know that Bruce recommended coastal silkworms, So i went to order some yesterday and they were out.. But then i noticed they have an EAST and WEST. so i switched to the WEST side, and got an order of small ones. And a small horn worm pod.

I do know that you can get some medium silkworms right now from backwaterreptiles.com - I ordered some feeder insects from them because they are within the same state as i am. I will post about my experience with them as it happens, i've seen many mixed reviews on the company.

And my update for my Chameleon will be Wed. around 8:30am. I have ordered vitabugs 1/2" crickets, 100 mixed size dubia, 100 small silkworms, a pod of 25 hornworms, and a pod of 25 small silkworms. I plan to reproduce the crickets, dubia, and silkworms, - Hornworm breeding is not for me, but the way i understood it, they are a snack not a staple anyhow. Other than that i can't share much about feeding yet.

- Mark, I had a pretty strong feeling that it was Tabasco, But that picture didn't come with any information. I put it together from this forum, He had just sent me a picture of my guy, while he was in his email i guess he saw your picture and included it, saying here was one of his brother. I hope that my sharing it didn't offend you. and, Nice to meet you.

-Joe

I know that Bruce recommended coastal silkworms, So i went to order some yesterday and they were out.. But then i noticed they have an EAST and WEST. so i switched to the WEST side, and got an order of small ones. And a small horn worm pod.

I do know that you can get some medium silkworms right now from backwaterreptiles.com - I ordered some feeder insects from them because they are within the same state as i am. I will post about my experience with them as it happens, i've seen many mixed reviews on the company.

And my update for my Chameleon will be Wed. around 8:30am. I have ordered vitabugs 1/2" crickets, 100 mixed size dubia, 100 small silkworms, a pod of 25 hornworms, and a pod of 25 small silkworms. I plan to reproduce the crickets, dubia, and silkworms, - Hornworm breeding is not for me, but the way i understood it, they are a snack not a staple anyhow. Other than that i can't share much about feeding yet.

- Mark, I had a pretty strong feeling that it was Tabasco, But that picture didn't come with any information. I put it together from this forum, He had just sent me a picture of my guy, while he was in his email i guess he saw your picture and included it, saying here was one of his brother. I hope that my sharing it didn't offend you. and, Nice to meet you.

-Joe

Good luck with your feeders. You got a great selection. I have crickets, silks, and super worms right now. Iggy digs the crickets and silks but not the super worms which is ok. The silkworms eat like pigs and require frequent feedings and cleanings from what I can tell. I only got 50 mediums and wish I had more. I just have them in a plastic tub with the mesh and food they came with and a heat bulb on top. So far so good.

Iggy is rating 10-15 small crickets a day and 1-2 silkworms. I think he would eat more if I let him. I am going to give a few more crickets tomorrow and see if he takes them.

He did his first poop today. Momentous occaision! ;-)

Back
Top Bottom