New CB OE Parsons keeper

Since we last talk my girl picked up a lot of steam Boaz is now at 248g and eating like a pig . but we will be going into the cold season too so following in your footsteps i’m sure I’ll be headed for a cool down . thanks for all your shares and helps us other parsons keepers more than you realize 😊❤️
Nice weight as well, then they´re alike at the moment.

Thanks, I try to help as much as I can 🤗

Is 9 hours a day based on others experience or the local conditions? I wouldn't think there would be that big a change in day length at their latitude. Just a curious observer here with no practical experience.

Is 9 hours a day based on others experience or the local conditions? I wouldn't think there would be that big a change in day length at their latitude. Just a curious observer here with no practical experience.
Great observer you’re and good question. To be honest, it‘s on a own observation. Our house and the room the chameleons are in, most free range, get a lot light from the outside and have visual on it. I notice in winter that they go to their sleeping spot at around 4:30pm and then are waiting till the lights turn off. At 05:00pm till 07:30am its dark outside (overhere), therefore I adjusted light cyclus and will do this till spring. During summer this is 0.5 till 1.0 hour before lights turn off, around 6:30 till 7:00pm.
All 4 of my chameleon show this behavior, however my veiled is in the living room and her I keep on normal schedule.

One question, my girl suddenly developed an extreme taste for slugs, got lots of them in my enclosure as they established themselves. Can this be harmful for her on a daily base?

They’re slugs established in the enclosure over the past months. The initial ones entered through the soil of the plants or bottom. At first it were small ones, but they start to get bigger and thicker, almost children’s pinky size thickness.

They’re slugs established in the enclosure over the past months. The initial ones entered through the soil of the plants or bottom. At first it were small ones, but they start to get bigger and thicker, almost children’s pinky size thickness.
I had the same issue with my habitat , opened up the kids one day, and there was one on Andres face ,,. Of course I freaked out. Went through the entire enclosure, most of them that much more than a half inch but there was probably 20. Remove them all haven’t seen one sense but now I’m seeing earth worms. Again had another freak out because the baby earth worms were next to a fecal dropping thought I had giant worms. 🤨

Attachments

• F77C528B-8A33-4F29-B7E6-9AC0FFDBEFED.png
    F77C528B-8A33-4F29-B7E6-9AC0FFDBEFED.png
    793.1 KB · Views: 71
I had the same issue with my habitat , opened up the kids one day, and there was one on Andres face ,,. Of course I freaked out. Went through the entire enclosure, most of them that much more than a half inch but there was probably 20. Remove them all haven’t seen one sense but now I’m seeing earth worms. Again had another freak out because the baby earth worms were next to a fecal dropping thought I had giant worms. 🤨
That would have freaked me out as well. Also got earth worms in the bottom, but it was planned. The slugs I’ve already tried to get rid of them with beer traps and everything, but they’re harsh. Have seen one crawling on Neo a few times already 😕

How long do you in general keep up the brumation? I just started to raise the temperature again after 4 months, the light cycles I'll keep it for another 2 months like it is, till the point that's longer light outside (and therefore in the room). My girl just never slowed down during brumation, yes her appetite did, but she kept as active as it could be and she was slowly loosing weight. That's why I raised temperature again to see if this effects her appetite.

How long do you in general keep up the brumation? I just started to raise the temperature again after 4 months, the light cycles I'll keep it for another 2 months like it is, till the point that's longer light outside (and therefore in the room). My girl just never slowed down during brumation, yes her appetite did, but she kept as active as it could be and she was slowly loosing weight. That's why I raised temperature again to see if this effects her appetite.
I’m keeping with The same weather patterns here . I haven’t changed the light schedule at all but letting the temperatures dip down into the low 60s daytime temps in the low 70s , both are still eating fine just not as much , 1 to 2 bugs a day as opposed to five or six haven’t changed misting or fogging schedule . both seem to be doing fine , as an added note . same temperatures for my panther except for the heated basking light which he does run to every morning

I dropped temps on mine. She mainly just chills in same spot. She is losing weight to but mine was on the big side.

I wish mine did, but she’s pretty active all day and sometimes a day of chilling. Just makes me nervous all the time.

I’m keeping with The same weather patterns here . I haven’t changed the light schedule at all but letting the temperatures dip down into the low 60s daytime temps in the low 70s , both are still eating fine just not as much , 1 to 2 bugs a day as opposed to five or six haven’t changed misting or fogging schedule . both seem to be doing fine , as an added note . same temperatures for my panther except for the heated basking light which he does run to every morning

Good to read yours are also loosing some weight and only eating 1 or 2 feeders a day. She still keeps me on my toes 😔

Finally weather is getting and Neo had her first rays of sun after brumation. One minute outside and her appetite was back to normal (at least outside). Inside she refuses to take food from my hand.

She stayed on weight over the last months. Hopefully the weight gaining starts soon again.

2B473B27-17FF-4B35-AAF5-57443E2A039A.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom