New Cage

DeShawni Green

Established Member
Hey Everyone!

Wondering if you had suggestions for where to buy a nice new cage for my adult male panther - Toni Roppo?

He is about a year and a half, and currently in an 18x18x36

Thanks

So I have the reptibreeze 24x24x48 (XL). While its not the best, it gets the job done. If I could go back in time, I would've purchased the dragon strand cage. It's a heck of a lot more expensive but I'm sure it is a lot more sturdy. However, I don't want to stray you away from it. I bought the dragon strand ledges and they make the cage a lot more sturdy! So either way you go, I would get the dragon strand ledges. If you're good with DIY, you could build yourself one too! Personally I don't have the time and patience for that though ?

Those are def nice, but looking for cheaper options as well. They look great but a little out of price range. But not too much out I guess... anyone know of any other custom places?

Those are def nice, but looking for cheaper options as well. They look great but a little out of price range. But not too much out I guess... anyone know of any other custom places?
The only other place I know of is DIY cages but they are sold out of everything and have been for awhile now. You could call them to see when they will get them back in.
They are better quality then exo terra and zoomed screen cages but not as good as dragon strand. https://www.diycages.com/collections/vertical-screen-reptile-chameleon-cages

If you go with dragon strand the cage will hold up for many many years. I have had all three types. ZooMed was very flimsy and the screws would come out. DIY cage was a bit better but still not very stable. Neither of them come with drip pan options so you have to buy something secondary or rig something. Neither of them come with dragon ledge options to have branches up high. Both were sub par and lacked what I wanted out of a cage compared to my dragon strand.

While dragon strand is more expensive you get the extras like the ledges and the drainage pan. Also they are made with a solid back so you don't have to plastic wrap the back to keep the misting from getting on your wall. The quality is far better as well. My DS cage is totally stable and stays together. No flexing to it at all.

Hey Everyone!

Wondering if you had suggestions for where to buy a nice new cage for my adult male panther - Toni Roppo?

He is about a year and a half, and currently in an 18x18x36

Thanks
I’m in the same camp as @Grayson Payne. Have the Reptibreeze XL with Dragon Ledges and the Dragon Stand drainage tray. It’s more cost effective but not as quality as just getting a Dragon Strand cage. I bought mine from petmountain.com, but like many other sites, they’ve been out of stock. You can sign up to be emailed when they are back in stock if you’re not in a rush. Use the promo code plastered all over the website. I paid $86.81 with the discount code, no tax, and free shipping. You’ll be hard pressed to find a better deal.

Attachments

• B6BF7903-FF1E-47A5-A8F6-394F186568F7.jpeg
    B6BF7903-FF1E-47A5-A8F6-394F186568F7.jpeg
    54.3 KB · Views: 89
No doubt those dragon stands are great - I budgeted about 200 for the cage, but looks like dragons are more like 400. Maybe ill save up a bit and bite the bullet.

@prince - petmountain option looks possibly viable, but like you said everything's sold out it seems...part of the reason I came here after my internet searched only came up with retibreeze and the likes.

Ill keep poking around - really appreciate the suggestions so far

I have always used the reptibreeze cage and have never had an issue. I am setting up a new enclosure now and got the Reptibreeze and adding the Dragon Ledges to it. I ordered my cage from Petsmart for about $100, just 2 weeks ago.

No doubt those dragon stands are great - I budgeted about 200 for the cage, but looks like dragons are more like 400. Maybe ill save up a bit and bite the bullet.

@prince - petmountain option looks possibly viable, but like you said everything's sold out it seems...part of the reason I came here after my internet searched only came up with retibreeze and the likes.

Ill keep poking around - really appreciate the suggestions so far
I ordered mine from petsmart as Lpsouth said. Not sure if they still have it in stock.

Not within your range. You do have the option of DIY. I can't say it will save you any money, but it can get you exactly what you want.

Having the reptibreeze / zoo med 2*2*4 with dragon ledges. It's the most economical optii that I could find. I do want a dragonstand but cannot afford it currently. That's beside the point. I've had this set up for over a year and it holds up fine for me and I've even had to move twice. ( In a sterotypical southern California stoney surf skate voice )The ledges man the ledges they are key.

While screen cages are the "go to" they aren't always the most suitable for everyone based on their local conditions. you may need to block off a side or two to maintain humidity.

At 100$ and available online and at most pet shops it's definitely easy to recommend. One alternative would be the glass 36inch enclosure. I think it looks nicer than the screen personally but the height allows you to but larger plants in on the repti breeze.

I guess my main input is that If you go screen definitely grab the dragon ledges they are great.

I also have reptibreeze with dragon ledges, it’s been a great enclosure with no problems. Zilla has been in it since he was 9 months and he’s 2 yrs 4 months old.

Back
Top Bottom