New Cage Setup

They don't have to hang, and they do get very viney as they grow.

What about something like Tradescantia (Wandering Jew)? Not sure if it's 100% safe or not.

Hedera helix (English Ivy) --- Very Viney.

Arrowhead Vine (Syngonium podophyllum)

Great set up. Try Bougainvillea for the vine.

Is that a DIY rock face and what are the black branches. Painted, dipped in rubber?

Thanks, ya its all completely custom. The rock face is molded and shaped foam. The branches are willow branches that I collected at my cottage..I cleaned them in a 10% bleach water solution then stained them with 100% non toxic stain

What about something like Tradescantia (Wandering Jew)? Not sure if it's 100% safe or not.

ya the only hard part is finding them in the stores..especially now because fall is right around the corner

is that a waterfall pond set up in the back right corner? if it is, how do you keep the water from not growing bacteria? it overall looks great!

Beautiful setup, but I have to ask some questions..

Do you have a drip system setup? Most chams are not too keen on drinking from water off the ground. They are very simple to make. Also, how often do you mist your enclosure?

Do you have two in there? Whenever they are full grown they can not be housed together, and even now, one might be bully-ing the other. It's not always noticable at first, but the long term effects are obvious. I read a thread on here where a male wouldn't let a female bask or drink. At 10 months he was beautiful and healthy, the female was dehydrated and had severe MBD.

Also, what kind of soil do you have in there? It's very important to use 100% organic soil. Also, when the chams catch their feeders they often check the ground first. Unless you cup feed, i fear they might get a mouthful of dirt on accident ocasionally, which can cause impaction. Even if you cup feed, chams are kooky very often and will try to munch on rocks, soil, or whatever looks yummy at that moment.

I'm not trying to be rude, I just want the best for you and your chameleons.

-Andrea

Beautiful setup, but I have to ask some questions..

Do you have a drip system setup? Most chams are not too keen on drinking from water off the ground. They are very simple to make. Also, how often do you mist your enclosure?

Do you have two in there? Whenever they are full grown they can not be housed together, and even now, one might be bully-ing the other. It's not always noticable at first, but the long term effects are obvious. I read a thread on here where a male wouldn't let a female bask or drink. At 10 months he was beautiful and healthy, the female was dehydrated and had severe MBD.

Also, what kind of soil do you have in there? It's very important to use 100% organic soil. Also, when the chams catch their feeders they often check the ground first. Unless you cup feed, i fear they might get a mouthful of dirt on accident ocasionally, which can cause impaction. Even if you cup feed, chams are kooky very often and will try to munch on rocks, soil, or whatever looks yummy at that moment.

I'm not trying to be rude, I just want the best for you and your chameleons.

-Andrea

yes i use a drip system for the chams. the water is just to keep the humidity levels up since it is such a large cage.
soil is 100% organic and i do cup feed
2 feeding cups, 2 basking lights, 2 drips

yes i use a drip system for the chams. the water is just to keep the humidity levels up since it is such a large cage.
soil is 100% organic and i do cup feed
2 feeding cups, 2 basking lights, 2 drips

Even so, the entire time they are together, he will be stressing her, and there for shortening her lifespan. It has been done before and the two chameleons be just fine, but it was by VERY experienced keepers. I strongly suggest against this idea.. In the end you're going to do what you want, but I'd just like to say that we buy these animals for the fun of careing for them, and succesfully keeping them alive and well. I don't see any point in buying an animal, and not giving it the best quality of care you possibly can. Just my .02

I thought regular Ivy (English Ivy) is poisonus?:confused:

This is a Ficus vine that is non toxic. And it is a real vine.

Back
Top Bottom