New Cage setup and Adult cage question?

NOP

Hello been a while since my last post and well i was cleaning my chams cage today and decided it was time to look for his adult cage. I have had "Neo" since the 8th of May and well as you can see from my profile pic he has grown...a bit so i figure its about time i get his adult cage in order so i am currently looking around for his new cage and was wondering what was the best place to buy his cage. Any input would be appreciated i have looked at a couple online but i would prefer to hear from people who actually own some good cages and any advice that yall would have for me while im looking. i would prefer to order his cage on monday seeing as how ill get paid and have plenty to spend on it. "Also i have Zero carpentry skills so there is absolutely no possible way i can build one on my own"
the cage i am looking for is obviously a Screen cage and is at least a 2x2x4 or larger any suggestions would be helpful

Attachments

• cage12.jpg
    cage12.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 188
cage

I bought the reptibreeze from LLLreptile one of our sponsors. 2x2x4 10 days ago.
I used a plastic slop sink with legs for the base/planter put in live plants covered the dirt with river rocks from lowes then used black duct tape to secure the cage to the sink. So far it is working well. Good luck on your new cage :)

all together
new1.jpg

base before cage on top
100_1137.jpg

that was actually the exact same cage i have been looking at...just was wondering how much weight could be put on the top and if other people had perhaps used this cage and found it a good one

I'd recommend the site sponsor, DIY cages.. they are a good sturdy cage with great visibly through the screen. however, thats the only store bought cage i've had. I have a home made wooden one now and free ranged in my younger years.

I have the repsun 5.0 tube light and her basking light/60 watt bulb both on the screen and the little dipper on the corner. no problems with that weight.

i have the lll 2x2x4 and its alright. i was told about a place that makes similar enclosures and can do custom sizes, they have pretty good prices as well... wish i could remember their name! (edit i think its THIS PLACE)

on top of mine i have 2 domes and 2 strip fixtures, i also have a piece of pvc over with wire looped around that goes inside for hanging plants an aquazamp raindome and a misting nozzle. sounds like a lot but most of it is light and the pvc bar (could use wood or something else as well) helps spread the weight of the hanging plants nicely.

these types of cages are pretty easy to drain too so thats cool. essentially most of these types of cages are the same, its just a matter of where you want to order from/ if they have a deal going on (free shipping for example) etc.

i dont like the little flip lock things and the fact that the door doesnt havea handle but i could add one, not a big deal its just one of the slight drawbacks.

I went with a 2x2x4 from lll reptile. I'm happy with the cage only issue I had was I bought and paid for it online. Then after the transaction I got an email saying there was an additional shipping cost. I should have just cancelled my order then and went with DIY since their price includes shipping.

oh yeah, i had an additional like 3 dollars on my shipping too. however, i ordered a bunch of stuff at once so it was hardly a deal breaker for me because i saved so much on other supplies.

Back
Top Bottom