New cage ordered - need inspiration !

ToxiccKiwii

So, currently I have my chicken in a 18*18*36 exo-terra coupe... he's a little under five months now, and growing like a weed so I bit the bullet early and ordered a new 24*24*48 from DIYcages and it should be in by the end of the week !!!

Only thing now is what I'm gonna put it on... I still have time before he completely grows out of his current set up, but the only thing is his current one is on a small side table which will NOT hold the bigger coupe, let alone my wanting to add in real plants, and a drainage system / bucket of some sort.

I'm considering something that'll have room for the cage, and some extra space for my mister set-up.

Anyone have any inspiration for me !? Unique, simple, off the wall; drop a picture for me if you can!

:D:love:
Thank you in advance !!!

Have you considered a cabinet under the enclosure that could hold the drainage bucket/supples, you could probably find something at IKEA or even Habitat for Humanity that would work ? \o/ IDK just a thought:)

Have you considered a cabinet under the enclosure that could hold the drainage bucket/supples, you could probably find something at IKEA or even Habitat for Humanity that would work ? \o/ IDK just a thought:)

I have actually! lol I took a quick look at Ikea the other day, but everything I liked is so expensive ! I'm not on a budget per say but I do have bills due this month, and rent isn't cheap in Mass. :ROFLMAO: Never heard of Habitat for Humanity, though! I'll have to check it out.

Try Salvation Army stores or even crags list. I recently found a small end table that went with my furniture for 25 bucks. It now holds the misting and drainage systems with a home for the superworms.

Habitat is a second hand building supplies place, they have a lot of cabinetry...I thought they were nation wide... \o/ and yes IKEA can get expensive...good luck :)

I noticed in a picture someone posted recently that they had their Cham set up on something like this* —— pic below
Looks like they just installed the first one or 2 shelves, since you stack it yourself to the height you want (so it was set up to be like half the height of the one pictured) I noticed they had a drainage system on the lowest shelf - which seems ideal because it has the thick grating, so theoretically water could get through easily.
I thought it was a great idea personally and might look into it myself!

Attachments

• 0EEB2D95-470E-4E74-A4CD-D3AE1C637059.png
    0EEB2D95-470E-4E74-A4CD-D3AE1C637059.png
    608.6 KB · Views: 50
Have you tried Facebook they have some ceap on thereis you look good. From small to big. Heres mine. Got it on Facebook forsale site

Attachments

• 5F687B0C-D593-4B42-A7EE-5CA20599343E.jpeg
    5F687B0C-D593-4B42-A7EE-5CA20599343E.jpeg
    208.4 KB · Views: 72
I got a 24x24x48 from DIY recently and put it on a 4 rack metal shelving unit. I had my old enclosure set up the same way as it gives space for supplies, lighting and drainage but needed a bigger shelving unit that would hold this cage.
I wrap tarp around the back and sides to help with excess water from getting on the walls and have a rubber mat I put on the floor under the drainage bin.
20180807_180812.jpg

Habitat is a second hand building supplies place, they have a lot of cabinetry...I thought they were nation wide... \o/ and yes IKEA can get expensive...good luck :)

I went on their website, and I can't figure it out... lol, I checked Ikea again, and then just went back to Amazon/Craigslist, something'll pop up eventually :ROFLMAO:

I noticed in a picture someone posted recently that they had their Cham set up on something like this* —— pic below
Looks like they just installed the first one or 2 shelves, since you stack it yourself to the height you want (so it was set up to be like half the height of the one pictured) I noticed they had a drainage system on the lowest shelf - which seems ideal because it has the thick grating, so theoretically water could get through easily.
I thought it was a great idea personally and might look into it myself!

I got a 24x24x48 from DIY recently and put it on a 4 rack metal shelving unit. I had my old enclosure set up the same way as it gives space for supplies, lighting and drainage but needed a bigger shelving unit that would hold this cage.
I wrap tarp around the back and sides to help with excess water from getting on the walls and have a rubber mat I put on the floor under the drainage bin.
View attachment 211488

I actually have one of these set-ups for my gecko/skink tanks ! I thought about snagging another, but it's also in our spare room so I didn't want it to get toooo bulky in there with the metal/grate type stands.

cages.JPG

Have you tried Facebook they have some ceap on thereis you look good. From small to big. Heres mine. Got it on Facebook forsale site

That's actually gorgeous! I haven't checked Facebook yet actually, I use the market place so much for looking at cars I don't need I forget they sell other things too sometimes :ROFLMAO:

So, after some searching, I ended up finding this sink vanity, for 20$; it's 24L x 23W x 36H.

It'll need some paint definitely, and a little bit of modification at the top, I plan on trying to add some extra wood pieces to make it into a farmers-sink type set up, and add some stability, and a netting/drain gate so I won't lose any feeders.

I'm so excited :D now I just need to find some good plantage to put in there, and I'll be all set!

Attachments

• IMG_7680.PNG
    IMG_7680.PNG
    256.2 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_7681.PNG
    IMG_7681.PNG
    253.4 KB · Views: 64
Jsut have to be patient. And you can do it cheap. I have $100 in the one I building. And thats what I paid for zoo med breeze starter cage.

Yeah, I think I paid 90 for my medium repti-breeze, because the price on the bigger one was astronomical at the time. Makes me wish I did a little bit more research on the housing sizes before I started buying things, but hey, you live and you learn. I ordered the large cage from DIYcages, because as handy as I am, I'm not gonna try to build one myself right now lol

we'll see how it goes :D

Back
Top Bottom