New Cage Advice

Pjtbug

So I feel like it’s about time to upgrade my chameleon cage, since this one seems a little too small for my guy now. He’s a veiled, about 6-7 months old, and his cage is just under three feet tall, so I was wondering where I should buy my new cage from, how big it should be, and finally getting some advice on a proper draining system. My budget is about $300 so anything in hat range is all good.

An adult male veiled needs a minimum of 2’ by 2’ by 4’, so I’d go with something like that or bigger so you won’t have to upgrade again. A screen cage is preferred. If it’s in your budget, get a Dragon Strand, they have drainage systems, too. You could also custom build your own, that’s what I’m doing. It allows compete customization for the cage and drainage system. I can link my build if you’re thinking of building yourself, though for a veiled, I would skip the substrate bin and have a bare bottom

An adult male veiled needs a minimum of 2’ by 2’ by 4’, so I’d go with something like that or bigger so you won’t have to upgrade again. A screen cage is preferred. If it’s in your budget, get a Dragon Strand, they have drainage systems, too. You could also custom build your own, that’s what I’m doing. It allows compete customization for the cage and drainage system. I can link my build if you’re thinking of building yourself, though for a veiled, I would skip the substrate bin and have a bare bottom
I don’t think I’d be able to find much time to build one, with work and school I barley have time as it is. He’s in a screen cage right now, I know that they’re prone to lung infections and what not, so they need to have airflow. I’ve heard of Dragon Strand but I had no idea they have a built in drainage system, I’ll have to check it out. Thanks for the info!

I don’t think I’d be able to find much time to build one, with work and school I barley have time as it is. He’s in a screen cage right now, I know that they’re prone to lung infections and what not, so they need to have airflow. I’ve heard of Dragon Strand but I had no idea they have a built in drainage system, I’ll have to check it out. Thanks for the info!
The drainage system is an add-on, but well worth it. If you can’t afford a Dragon Strand, the Zoo Med Reptibreeze is always an option

Here’s the three Dragon Stand options that are to size for an adult male veiled

Attachments

• D93C9522-4250-4059-9DD9-6ACAC78CBDED.png
    D93C9522-4250-4059-9DD9-6ACAC78CBDED.png
    986.6 KB · Views: 83
  • DED5C22B-66CF-4222-87DC-DEDC8EC886F7.png
    DED5C22B-66CF-4222-87DC-DEDC8EC886F7.png
    679.8 KB · Views: 90
  • 6A08602D-52BF-4F43-9DF2-6D289BEF9214.png
    6A08602D-52BF-4F43-9DF2-6D289BEF9214.png
    881.5 KB · Views: 103
If you can’t afford Dragon Strand but want their ledges, they sell them separately, too. Or make your own

Back
Top Bottom