~~~New born veil chameleon~~~

kianna2118

I have a couple of questions about new born veil chameleon. I'm planning on getting one by the end of this month and i found one by my area it's only 2 weeks old. Really cute and its a female. What kind of proper care do i need for her ? What size of cage? What kind of light? Food ? ect. I own another chameleon he is 9 months old. Would it be the same routine that i'm doing for my cham now. Or is it more attention since when i will get her when she is 3 weeks old. Please let me know thanks.

I have a couple of questions about new born veil chameleon. I'm planning on getting one by the end of this month and i found one by my area it's only 2 weeks old. Really cute and its a female. What kind of proper care do i need for her ? What size of cage? What kind of light? Food ? ect. I own another chameleon he is 9 months old. Would it be the same routine that i'm doing for my cham now. Or is it more attention since when i will get her when she is 3 weeks old. Please let me know thanks.

I would wait until the baby is AT LEAST 2 months old.

a 12x12x12 cage size would work. 1/4 inch crickets, Hydei Fruit Fies and House flies for food. Lots of calcium dustings on the feeders. drip all day long.

I would agree with the other posts, wait at least till 3 months. I also would only buy from a breeder who had fed and used proper UVB lighting, or you will start with a cute cham who may well already have MBD,and other health issues. It is worth the shipping costs to buy from a member who knows their stuff.

i hope you do know that the baby cham and the cham you have now can not NOT! be in the same cage not just because it is way off for it's size but because the bigger cham will eat the baby...! Dumb people at ptco were i live by close by did this and we all witnessed a 7 month old eat a 3 month old baby cham. :[ by the time i got the "reptile expert" from petco it was too late! we were all in an aww :(

i hope you do know that the baby cham and the cham you have now can not NOT! be in the same cage not just because it is way off for it's size but because the bigger cham will eat the baby...! Dumb people at ptco were i live by close by did this and we all witnessed a 7 month old eat a 3 month old baby cham. :[ by the time i got the "reptile expert" from petco it was too late! we were all in an aww :(

wow, cannibalism! I hate it when petco and petsmart TRY to take care of chams.

yes i have just setup a viv for 6 week old veiled cham, all my research came up with was fiscus plants are best, and umbrella plant, hibiscus plant are good, so i have a fiscus and umbrella plants.

Attachments

• my cham 0003.jpg
    my cham 0003.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 118
That is aweful!! I haven't had much luck at the local PetCo. They have a Veiled for sale and they have had it for at least 3 months now, I dont think anyone is going to buy her :(

hi i want to know if its ok to feed a graceful a goliath worm that turned into a moth please let me know if its ok to feed it to him

Back
Top Bottom