New baby

Cally95

Hey guys,

Just wanted to share my new CB Mellers baby with ya'll. He/she is about 4 months old, sorry the pics stink, they are from my cell phone. He is eating crickets,houseflies,roaches, silkies.

Dell

Last edited:
He hatched out in late Oct. I got him from Suzanne, she is mainly on the Melleri yahoo group. She post here, one of her post was here in the General Photography section called "new picture of my CB melleri"

Thanks,

Dell

Yeah, I see a few on kingsnake.com every once in awhile. I made the mistake of getting a supposed CH at a show from a "reputalbe breeder" who sells a lot on kingsnake, but it turned out to be WC. He was loaded with parasites, had advanced kidney failure and many other common issues associated with imports, unfortunantly he didnt make it. Anyone intereseted in these guys please consider the cage size that an adult will require (at least 4ftx4ftx6ft).

Dell

That's a really good-looking cham, even in cell phone pictures. It's nice to see a beautiful cham that's not a Panther or Veiled every once in a while ;p

Congratulations, Dell. He/she is a beaut! We love the breed. They are so personable. THis one will do very well. Their enclosures (or free ranges) are fun, too. Do you plan to free range once he's old enough?

Thanks,

Yes, I do plan on free ranging him when his older. When I got him 2 weeks ago he weighted 11g, the other day he weighted 16g so I have some time, they have a much slower growth rate then a veiled or panther. The women I bought him from actually wrote the article in the new E-zine about free ranging Melleri. When I went and picked up this little guy I was able to see her set up so I got some really great ideas. It's a very nice set up. One of her big males walked over to us and I thought he was going to shot at my eye with his tongue, he kept doing that thing they do right before they eat when they open there mouth a little and you can see the end of there tongue right before they strike, she said he might so I kept having to look away (it was hard), she said he likes the way eyes shine. Can you imagine a cham pegging you in the eye!!!! It was awesome to see those huge guys with no screen,no mesh, eye to eye.

Dell

Last edited:
mellers

I was at Shedd Aquarium in Chicago and saw the BIGGEST chameleon ever, and it was a Mellers. He was absolutely huge. yah, i know good story...

Thanks,

Yes, I do plan on free ranging him when his older. When I got him 2 weeks ago he weighted 11g, the other day he weighted 16g so I have some time, they have a much slower growth rate then a veiled or panther. The women I bought him from actually wrote the article in the new E-zine about free ranging Melleri. When I went and picked up this little guy I was able to see her set up so I got some really great ideas. It's a very nice set up. One of her big males walked over to us and I thought he was going to shot at my eye with his tongue, he kept doing that thing they do right before they eat when they open there mouth a little and you can see the end of there tongue right before they strike, she said he might so I kept having to look away (it was hard), she said he likes the way eyes shine. Can you imagine a cham pegging you in the eye!!!! It was awesome to see those huge guys with no screen,no mesh, eye to eye.

Dell

Wonderful set up. We read the article, and, though we had our Melleri free range area planned, we redesigned it to pretty much match Suzanne's set up. There is an earlier thread on this forum about it, with photos, but the article was so much more explicit that it was a great help. Really inspired my husband. The one difference is that we may do mercury vapor bulbs. Have not decided for sure. We do have a UVB meter, and our remote lazer temp gauge has arrived, so those will help confirm the levels. We'll see.

That's great that you got to see things in person. About the eyeballs, I would almost think that a good hit from one of those guys could pop one right out of the socket :eek:. What if the suction didn't release? Good thing you looked away.

Bert is looking great, Dell!

Gesang, thanks for the compliment! I look forward to hearing how your free range experience will be and compare notes.
I think a free range is so worth it for melleri, I couldn't bare to put any of my big guys (and gals) in a cage again.

For those of you interested in a CB melleri, please send me a PM. We still have a few available.

Suzanne

nice..

ive got a mellors..
had him since a baby..
he`s 3 now and big and friendly....
hope you have as much fun raising him as i did and good luck...

Back
Top Bottom