New chameleon not eating

Lalo

I have a new 9 month old panther chameleon that I got from a reputable breeder. It has been 4 days that I have had him and he has not eaten yet. I have offered him hornworms, silkworms, roaches and bsfl larva in a feeder cup and a feeder run. I know it is normal for them not to eat right away. I am a new owner and just wondering how long he can go without food? I'm planning on trying crickets tomorrow.

Welcome to the forum!

What is the basking temperature? The rest of the cage’s temperature?
please post some photos of the cage including the lights.

It could be that he’s just settling in…but checking a few other things might give us a better idea about what’s going on.

Message the breeder and find out what they were feeding and how they were feeding as in cup, feeder run or free feeding.
He may not be familiar with the feeders your trying or the method.

I'm going to ask him.I feel like he can't quite figure out where the bugs are. He did eat a cricket off of a leaf this morning. I will also post a picture of his enclosure for any recommendations you all might have. Thanks for the help! I'm stressing over this!

Take a pic of your feeder run as well. I have a feeling they primarily fed crickets... If you load up a feeder run with a dozen crickets so he sees the movement he will be more willing to use the feeder run depending on the type you are using.

i wouldnt worry to much about not eating for the first few days mine i saw eat after 5 days of having him but on the second i saw him drink

Back
Top Bottom