New arrival

Klemins

This guy showed up on my doorstep today and started shooting flies. Sorry for the crappy pics, couldn't get too close.

IMG_2740.jpg

IMG_2739.jpg

Awesome!!! I hope my guy arrives in that good of shape!! Should be here in a few hours. Lets hope for a bunch of females in the next shipment!

:eek: OMG! I want one too! He is beautiful!:D Wish the postie would bring me one of those! I so love the chams with 'noses' and horns!

Good luck with him! They are VERY aggressive to keepers and prefer a lot of secrecy. I highly recommend a lot of foliage in his cage. Put so much that you won't be able to see him unless he wants to be seen. And water, water, water. I'm sure you're aware that this species is known as one of the most difficult ones to keep but if they haven't been too damaged by the capture/export process and you can acclimate them, they can actually live for quite a while in captivity.

Good luck with him! They are VERY aggressive to keepers and prefer a lot of secrecy. I highly recommend a lot of foliage in his cage. Put so much that you won't be able to see him unless he wants to be seen. And water, water, water. I'm sure you're aware that this species is known as one of the most difficult ones to keep but if they haven't been too damaged by the capture/export process and you can acclimate them, they can actually live for quite a while in captivity.

Thanks for the advice. He seems to have arrived in pretty good shape and is not nearly as shy as I anticipated (though he's only been here about 6 hours). He has eaten a ton and I've been watering well, and he is in a glass terrarium to help retain humidity. I'll keep everyone posted on him and hopefully any females that arrive down the line.

He looks awesome, I was expecting to see a veiled, nice to see something different :)

Why is it such a problem to attain females?

I'm not sure if it is a problem or if it was a conscious effort by the importer to only bring in males for this shipment. He should be getting females in at a later date, though.

Oh ok, thats strange why not import females at the same time? I hear a lot about how people need females of their kinyongia chams, was wondering whats up with that?

sorry to bring this thread back from the dead but, klemins what ever happened to this beautiful little guy? my dream species along w carpenteri

Im pretty sure this one had a temporal gland infection or some type of mouth problem that resulted in its death. A shame too since this one was a younger specimen. The one I had was full grown. Found him dead one day out of nowhere:(

Back
Top Bottom