New and Doing HW

Just wanted to post it here and say a special thanks to all the people who responded here and helped me get to this point. Here is a picture of what I have going so far. I plan to buy an umbrella plant for inside as well. I am not sure how to handle the drainage yet but for now I put a tub inside to catch the water and I dump it out. I could drill a hole in the bottom and stand and have it feed under the stand which I may do later. I hope to get my new veiled in a week or so and am so excited to start this adventure.

Don't worry the figures are not on the cage they are on a shelf in the back of it. I plan to remove the shelving from the wall and move it closer to the wall as well.

Attachments

• IMG_20180717_090002.jpg
    IMG_20180717_090002.jpg
    288.8 KB · Views: 57
Just wanted to post it here and say a special thanks to all the people who responded here and helped me get to this point. Here is a picture of what I have going so far. I plan to buy an umbrella plant for inside as well. I am not sure how to handle the drainage yet but for now I put a tub inside to catch the water and I dump it out. I could drill a hole in the bottom and stand and have it feed under the stand which I may do later. I hope to get my new veiled in a week or so and am so excited to start this adventure.

Don't worry the figures are not on the cage they are on a shelf in the back of it. I plan to remove the shelving from the wall and move it closer to the wall as well.

I'd love to continue to hear how it goes as I'm pretty much a few weeks behind you in this process, haha! I'm getting my enclosure and everything set up this week/weekend and tweeking it all next week and making sure everything is perfect before I order my little guy. I have my heart on getting a veiled baby from FL Chams since I'm in VA so they're closer to me, very reputable, and are sponsored and recommended breeders.

Looking good so far! Especially with the added schefflera!

Thanks @amfire125 ! I have been the same thing. Just tweaking the humidity and dialing in the basking temp for the last week and want to make sure its solid before I get mine. I know people recommend Veiled as beginner chams (lucky for us haha) but I really like the look of them the best but only slightly. Honestly if my first one goes well I could see me getting a different species pretty fast. I have been in love with chams since I was a kid.

BTW I think I am being to critical on temps because I have 4 temp sensors and 3 hygrometers in there right now just to cross check each other haha. Also have a temp gun and so far I don't trust any of them. Probably paranoid but as long as the average of them all looks where I want it to be I can calm a little.

Thanks @Wowbango !

Thanks @amfire125 ! I have been the same thing. Just tweaking the humidity and dialing in the basking temp for the last week and want to make sure its solid before I get mine. I know people recommend Veiled as beginner chams (lucky for us haha) but I really like the look of them the best but only slightly. Honestly if my first one goes well I could see me getting a different species pretty fast. I have been in love with chams since I was a kid.

BTW I think I am being to critical on temps because I have 4 temp sensors and 3 hygrometers in there right now just to cross check each other haha. Also have a temp gun and so far I don't trust any of them. Probably paranoid but as long as the average of them all looks where I want it to be I can calm a little.

Thanks @Wowbango !

Haha, trust me, as an avid science nerd and control freak, I understand the need for accurate temp readings! Last week I ordered the zoo med thermometers in my large bundle of supplies and then read up on them as being highly inaccurate...needless to say I'm ordering a temp gun for sure. I also have a few of those digital indoor thermometers that a few others have mentioned (from other roommate/tenant related issues...) so those will help me.

One thing that helps calm my nerves is being methodical about taking readings. The first few weeks I'll keep a log and watch temps every few hours and make sure things are at the appropriate temperatures (basking and ambient). I just create simple tables in word docs I print out and fill it out. It sounds tedious and I'm sure I sound crazy to others, but again...huge science nerd over here, and I enjoy this kind of stuff!

right now I have 2 exo erra combo meters, 1 all living things dual sensor meter (same as the zilla one) and one home accurite monitor with remote sensor. so far the accurite seem to be the best but the exo terra ones keep track of the max and min for the day. The problem with the exo terra ones is that even if I have them next to each other they have a slight difference but again I just take the average.

Back
Top Bottom