new anclosure-not eating!

takisxx

hi every one,i got a question for hes behavior after i tranfer him to new enclosure .
chameleons age:5-6 months!
i place him on hes new enclosure 4-5 days a go.the colors now are brighter that before(before enclosure was smaller with compact bulb-now i use arcadia tho 6% on new one)
but he refuses to eat...
when i place my hand inside hes acting like nothing happends(with old enclosure he was puffing and hissing on me when i place my hand inside) and freezes and hes looking only my face... i saw him drink water on new one(enclosure) but he doesnt eat anything...i dont know what to do and why hes acting like he ignore me.. any idea whats happening?
p.s sorry for my poor english but i think you get it :)

EDIT:ive got him 3 months

Last edited:
Hi there! It is not unusual for them not to eat for a few days after they get into a new enclosure. It just takes them awhile to adjust and once they do they will begin eating again. I probably would just leave them alone for a few days and just keep putting food in there and they will eat once they are ready but keep an eye on them too.

i put in food inside every day,he just eat only 1 cricket at this days!so i let him alone for 10 days? and why hes acting like he dont see me when i place my hand inside and not hissing at me and puffing? that is most weird!

You said..."why hes acting like he dont see me when i place my hand inside and not hissing at me and puffing? that is most weird!"...when you move a chameleon to a new cage or re-do the old cage the chameleon may not look at it like its his territory yet so he's not puffing up and hissing to defend it. Just a thought ...not positive.

hi every one,i got a question for hes behavior after i tranfer him to new enclosure .
chameleons age:5-6 months!
i place him on hes new enclosure 4-5 days a go.the colors now are brighter that before(before enclosure was smaller with compact bulb-now i use arcadia tho 6% on new one)
but he refuses to eat...
when i place my hand inside hes acting like nothing happends(with old enclosure he was puffing and hissing on me when i place my hand inside) and freezes and hes looking only my face... i saw him drink water on new one(enclosure) but he doesnt eat anything...i dont know what to do and why hes acting like he ignore me.. any idea whats happening?
p.s sorry for my poor english but i think you get it :)

EDIT:ive got him 3 months
I would say hes getting used to his new home as long as you keep some food in there he will eventually eat they will not starve themselves give it some time

I wouldn't worry. Changing enclosures can be a bit stressful so it might take a while for him to adjust. Is he shedding? CHams will often not eat, or eat very little during a shed.

I wouldn't worry. Changing enclosures can be a bit stressful so it might take a while for him to adjust. Is he shedding? CHams will often not eat, or eat very little during a shed.
hi! thanks for your answer.yes hes shedding but it stoped shedding now,and some "old skin" stuck on him i dont know the reason...its about a week now...

hi! thanks for your answer.yes hes shedding but it stoped shedding now,and some "old skin" stuck on him i dont know the reason...its about a week now...
The stuck skin happens from time to time, try increasing the humidity and mist a little more often with out drenching the enclosure.

Like everyone has said that it takes time in a new environment but kinyonga does bring up a good point that he should be reacting to your being inside his enclosure. Especially if it's a veiled. Keep the food and drink coming and watch him from a distance.😃

Back
Top Bottom