New Ambilobe - Feeding Questions

PraxRX7

Happy weekend!

I just got my first Chameleon and have some general feeding questions.

I know he is probably stressed from moving into a new home, but I wanted to make sure he is eating as well!

For today I have some crickets (littles ones) and haven't noticed him eat any yet. He seems to have found a comfy place just above the Pothos in his cage that he likes to hang around, so I put a small cup with some lightly powdered crickets in there for him (as well as a worm or two for variety).

Will he for sure eat if he is hungry? He is a lot smaller than I expected him to be (was expecting 7 months old, got 2-3 months).

Thank you!

20.jpg

21.jpg

For sure is a hard thing to say... Some chams dont cup feed as well as others... When I got mine he was 3 months, refused to hunt, refused to hand feed but when I put him is his cage and let the critters go in the cup it took a bit but I started to notice them disappear. Let him get acclimated, keep checking but I think he'll be good... A move is realluy stressful for those little ones/... He looks great BTW :)

Agreed, give the little guy some time. Not all are the same. Mine ate as soon as I put him in the cage! I threw some cricks in there and away he went. By cup feeding you can monitor what he eats unless you have the time to sit there and watch him when you turn his feeders loose in the cage.

saw him eat!!

i did see him eat just now...he just doesnt seem to like eating if he can see me. i checked the cup and there seems to be several gone already and i cant see any free roaming so he must have got em!

Just a question.. What am I looking at in the cup? I dont see a cricket I see a worm and some other stuff? What all is in there?

stuff in the up

there is a carrot in the cup which seems to keep the crickets in the cup egen though it is so shallow. there is a rock (which in the picture has several crickets sitting on it). the rock was to keep the cup from moving around too muh but i removed it so the crickets would be more exposed. the white stuff is a bit of calcium powder that spilled in from the cricket tube when i seasoned them.

oh okay lol I just couldn't tell... I've seen people using food to keep the crickets in place before... And it is definitely one of the cuter things on earth to see :)

Back
Top Bottom