New African Member

Bradypod

Hi folks!
I live in the Western Cape area of South Africa and have enjoyed the reptiles and other wildlife here since childhood.
Snakes, tortoises and chameleons have always been my passion.
Although I have no need to keep chameleons in captivity, I have learned a lot about their needs over the years and would be glad to share with anyone interested.
I will, in due course, post some pics of the Bradypodion sp. in situ.
I look forward to meeting members interested in the natural habitat of chameleons.
Cheers!

Welcome :) I would love to see pics of down there and all your wild life and that would be cool to walk outside and see chameleons everywhere!!! But you will meet a bunch of great people on the forum!

any homopholis fasciata near were you live? i am looking for someone to get me detailed photos of their native habitat...

Hi folks!
I live in the Western Cape area of South Africa and have enjoyed the reptiles and other wildlife here since childhood.
Snakes, tortoises and chameleons have always been my passion.
Although I have no need to keep chameleons in captivity, I have learned a lot about their needs over the years and would be glad to share with anyone interested.
I will, in due course, post some pics of the Bradypodion sp. in situ.
I look forward to meeting members interested in the natural habitat of chameleons.
Cheers!

Hello and welcome to the forum. You are living a part of all our dreams. Guess you will need to come visit us and we will visit you. Sadly it will just be in pictures. But we can still be friends, so hello, friend.:):)

Thank you all for the warm welcome.
Sang, the gecko we have here is Afrogecko porphyreus.
Commonly called the Marbled Leaftoed Gecko.
Homopholis fasciata is from East Africa.... a long way away!
Our little chap is numerous where I live. They hang around the lights at night, indoors and out, feeding on the insects that are attracted.
You'll find a fine pic of one here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Afrogecko_porphyreus_MarbledLeaftoedGecko_Cape_Town_4.jpg
Can't wait to get the old Olympus back into action again!
Best regards to all!!

Hello and welcome to the forum. You are living a part of all our dreams. Guess you will need to come visit us and we will visit you. Sadly it will just be in pictures. But we can still be friends, so hello, friend.:):)

Thank you Laurie. It will be my pleasure!

Hello and welcome! My wife and I spent some time in South Africa. Mostly is jo'burg, cape town, and Durban. We had an amazing time while we were there.....but that flight was a killer!!!!

Hello and welcome! My wife and I spent some time in South Africa. Mostly is jo'burg, cape town, and Durban. We had an amazing time while we were there.....but that flight was a killer!!!!

Hi KCcham, thanks for the welcome.
Hope you bumped into a few chameleons while you were here?

Back
Top Bottom