New Addition

JoshD49

Chameleon Enthusiast
I wasn't going to post this for fear of being put down as being too soon but if I'm going to be an active member of this community it's important to share my experiences.

That out of the way I want to introduce you guys to Amelia. She is my new female Nosy Be Panther that I got from Kamerflage Creations and she is beautiful. I plan to one day pair her with Merlin.

I attached the photos of when I got her. Nov 13th.

Attachments

• IMG_20181113_095019.jpg
    IMG_20181113_095019.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_20181113_095044.jpg
    IMG_20181113_095044.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 129
  • MVIMG_20181113_095053.jpg
    MVIMG_20181113_095053.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_20181113_095135.jpg
    IMG_20181113_095135.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 147
Sooo, you're who's been eating into my Matt question time!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: j/k j/k. Beautiful little girl, congrats!! With Matt by your side as a mentor I have no doubt you'll succeed. He has been a great mentor to us as we've journeyed in this hobby.

Yeah that was me. Haha. I was worried he would get tired of me texting him so much. He has been awesome and a huge help. I'm still really nervouse to own a female but feel better after his reassuring advice. She just turned 5 months and I put a lay box in. Just so worried about the egg bound thing.

Yeah that was me. Haha. I was worried he would get tired of me texting him so much. He has been awesome and a huge help. I'm still really nervouse to own a female but feel better after his reassuring advice. She just turned 5 months and I put a lay box in. Just so worried about the egg bound thing.

Understandable thing to worry about. The lay bin is one thing I've strayed from him on. My females are picky little things haha. I've switched to a wet dirt/ sand mix instead of just sand. For what ever reason if their boxes are plain sand they dig in their plants. So I mix five 5.2 cup rubbermaid takealongs of ogranic plain dirt to five 5.2 cup rubbermaid takealongs of sand with ~28/32 oz of water and a concrete mixing attachment in my drill. Repeat until laybin is full.

I purchased the play sand people reccomrecon this forum but I also bought some reptisand in case. The bin I setup now is just sand but I miggt just change to the 50/50 blend you said. How do you guys monitor if she is digging or not. I was going to buy a webcam. Haha

I purchased the play sand people reccomrecon this forum but I also bought some reptisand in case. The bin I setup now is just sand but I miggt just change to the 50/50 blend you said. How do you guys monitor if she is digging or not. I was going to buy a webcam. Haha

I just check in on them every few hours if I'm home. Otherwise they just get my usual before and after work check ins. Though I have thought of getting cameras, I haven't since I'm an hour + away on work days.

I guess I'm just too paranoid because im afraid I will miss it. I know it's not like it's something that happens super fast. I'm sure once I get the first one out of the way I'll feel better. I don't think she will lay anytime soon. At least I hope. Haha

I guess I'm just too paranoid because im afraid I will miss it. I know it's not like it's something that happens super fast. I'm sure once I get the first one out of the way I'll feel better. I don't think she will lay anytime soon. At least I hope. Haha

I was uber paranoid when Wit laid her clutch lol. My daughter was down from NC so I had her checking every 30 min to an hour to make sure there wasn't a cave in. Pers and Idunn laid theirs while I was at work and no one was home. Frija laid a clutch this past weekend so I got to check on her a few times through out the day.

You'll know when she's getting close though. She'll start hanging out lower and show less interest in food. One thing that I feel has helped me, besides Matt's guidance of course, is all of mine get the first insect from a cup in my hand. All of mine wouldn't take their cup bug the night before they laid.

You have my support. I don’t know why you got jumped all over about it the first time you visited. I think it’s a fantastic idea. The chameleons you chose are gorgeous. I encourage you to get on of some holdbacks from FLchams.com for ambilobe breeding. They also have stunning females. Most people in breeding don’t tell you that the coloration of the female is equally important in breeding.

You are welcome here. We are glad to have you with us.

You have my support. I don’t know why you got jumped all over about it the first time you visited. I think it’s a fantastic idea. The chameleons you chose are gorgeous. I encourage you to get on of some holdbacks from FLchams.com for ambilobe breeding. They also have stunning females. Most people in breeding don’t tell you that the coloration of the female is equally important in breeding.

You are welcome here. We are glad to have you with us.
Wisdom!

@KingGoodman nobody jumped me for it but I have seen others get put down for getting chameleons so soon after getting another one.

Thanks for your support and I will consider another locale if all goes well with my first clutch. I definitely would love to get a red male panther for my next one at some point as my next male for breeding. Matt has been close to convincing on getting another one. Either a Nosy Faly because I love the whites and red rain or a red Ambilobe.

Back
Top Bottom