nervousness

repsol153

how long does it usually take until a chameleon is used to you. or not nervous around you. my veiled cham is 3 months now, and he is still a little nervous around me. i move slow, and he's in a very low traffic area of my house. he doesn't hiss or turn stressed colored or anything, it just seems like he doesn't like me. i've only had him a little over a week now. and i know that he still needs to get used to things. but i'm just curious to hear from others experience how long it usually takes. thanks.:D

how long does it usually take until a chameleon is used to you. or not nervous around you. my veiled cham is 3 months now, and he is still a little nervous around me. i move slow, and he's in a very low traffic area of my house. he doesn't hiss or turn stressed colored or anything, it just seems like he doesn't like me. i've only had him a little over a week now. and i know that he still needs to get used to things. but i'm just curious to hear from others experience how long it usually takes. thanks.:D

Similar to mine. I've had mine about 4 weeks now and he is still very wary. He has a hanging ficus that he spends most of his time in when he knows we're around. He will keep a watch out from above, you can see his eyes.

When we go out, or the house is quiet he then goes about his business exploring and eating etc....

We have handled him (but not too much) - and when I do he tries to hide himself from me. For example he will crawl on the underside of my arm or try crawling round on to my back.

I am hoping this is just juvenile nerves.

Anyone got any tips to improve this situation, or is it just time and patience?

i have had my panther home now for a month and just in the last week he hsa really warmed up. i started buy hand feeding just to get him to see my hand as a friendly thing and each day he is alittle more brave.

i have had my panther home now for a month and just in the last week he hsa really warmed up. i started buy hand feeding just to get him to see my hand as a friendly thing and each day he is alittle more brave.

Did you try this daily?

What if he runs away? Do you move the hand closer?

I really need to get my little Yemen warming to my hand...

I have tried quite a few times however he just monitors my movements and shows zero interest to any food!

Did you try this daily?

What if he runs away? Do you move the hand closer?

I really need to get my little Yemen warming to my hand...

I have tried quite a few times however he just monitors my movements and shows zero interest to any food!

you need to get your hand within shooting range and i just stay really still. if he runs dont follow just leave him and try later. i found it works best if they are good and hungry dont try after he has already fed. it may take like 5min of holding the cricket real still till he gets the confidence i find it helps it the cricket is squirming as well.
but once he does it the first time you are on the way at least that the way it has gone for me and my guys

you need to get your hand within shooting range and i just stay really still. if he runs dont follow just leave him and try later. i found it works best if they are good and hungry dont try after he has already fed. it may take like 5min of holding the cricket real still till he gets the confidence i find it helps it the cricket is squirming as well.
but once he does it the first time you are on the way at least that the way it has gone for me and my guys

how do u get the cricket to not jump away tho. do u pluck off the legs.

how do u get the cricket to not jump away tho. do u pluck off the legs.

yeah you can do this, or you can just hold it by one leg. but sometimes the chameleon will never get used to you, because your like 1000 times bigger than it and that would be natural for it to be scared. but ive had my guy like 2 years and he doesnt get scared, like my other guy I had. he kind of just stops and looks at me now.

yeah you can do this, or you can just hold it by one leg. but sometimes the chameleon will never get used to you, because your like 1000 times bigger than it and that would be natural for it to be scared. but ive had my guy like 2 years and he doesnt get scared, like my other guy I had. he kind of just stops and looks at me now.

ok thanks a bunch. i'll definitely give it a try soon.

Ah, beat me to the punch haha, i would also add not to hand feed too much, for a while my panther stopped using his bug bin...

Its cool when you have the time, but when your too busy it sucks.

Back
Top Bottom