Nervous owner

How many clutches has she laid altogether and how many eggs in each. Where they all normal?
She laid almost all of the eggs in one day. She' laid eggs 3 times and never laid more than 50. This one seems way different than usual. I put my settings back to normal and sprayed her extra today.

You said..."She laid almost all of the eggs in one day"...describe what happened...she did this then...etc.

You said..."The last few days I've been forced feeding her a mixture of calcium and water plus the pureed super worm. Im hoping it'l make even the littlest bit of a difference"...IMHO this was the best thing you could have done!

You said..."She laid almost all of the eggs in one day"...describe what happened...she did this then...etc.
Thursday she laid eggs and I counted 36 eggs. I threw them out and replaced the soil. I left friday night and she hadn't laid any eggs. I had my sister check on her Saturday while I was at my second job and no eggs. I came home Sunday and then the egg count was at 54 and she laid another one today.

After she laid the 36 eggs did she get out of the hole on her own and return to the branches? Fill the hole in?

I'm glad she didn't stop because you interrupted her somehow but it's still a typical thing they do when they're starting to have egglaying issues unfortunately.

I'm glad she didn't stop because you interrupted her somehow but it's still a typical thing they do when they're starting to have egglaying issues unfortunately.
Its so stressful too. She didn't start laying eggs until after she was a year old and has only laid 3 clutches but has neve had these types of problems. Is there any specific reason she'd be having problems now.

How much do you normally feed her a week?
Have you changed her diet or what you feed the insects?
She gets 10 super worms every other day dusted with calcium and d3 every 2 weeks and multivitamin the other 2 weeks. Havent changed anything recently.

That's enough to be making her lay so many eggs and veileds that lay that many eggs often have trouble laying them. They also can end up with MBD and other issues.

That's enough to be making her lay so many eggs and veileds that lay that many eggs often have trouble laying them. They also can end up with MBD and other issues.
That's what I was told to do with her to make sure she' eating enough on the every other day schedule.She's never had issues before now, why would it start all of a sudden?

Generally feeding them well (but not enough to make them fat) until they are sexually mature is OK but once mature they should eat less. If they are being fed too much once they are sexually mature then they produce large clutches and usually have difficulties laying them. Since yours is that old (2 1/2) she's done well not to have any issues up to this point.

Back
Top Bottom