Nervous owner

Gwendalyn.brock

Established Member
Today is the first time in the 2 years that I have had my chameleon that I had to make a vet appointment for. She didn' eat at all while I was away this weekend and I woke up to her sleeping on the bottom of her cage. Im worried that she laid 58 eggs but there may be more in there and its causing her problems.

Attachments

• 20171204_080326.jpg
    20171204_080326.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 272
Hydrate her the best you can with out over stressing her.
I have been spraying her with water with calcium in it because she isn't eating on top of the automatic misting from the monsoon. Is there anything else I should do before taking her to the vet?

Adding calcium to whatever she is drinking is a great idea but you already thought of that. I wish I had another idea for you.
Hope she feels better soon.

Adding calcium to whatever she is drinking is a great idea but you already thought of that. I wish I had another idea for you.
Hope she feels better soon.
Thank you. Me too. I'm more nervous because I've never had to take her to the vet in the 2 years I've had her. I always expect the worst and hope for the best.

Did she bury the eggs and return to the branches? Was she hungry and thirsty? Was she mated?

You said..."I have been spraying her with water with calcium in it because she isn't eating on top of the automatic misting from the monsoon"...
Imho you would be better to getliquid calcium sandoz or gluconate and give her the calcium in a needless syringe. Calcium can irritate the eyes and skin and nasal tissue....so spraying it on her imho is not a good thing.

Did she bury the eggs and return to the branches? Was she hungry and thirsty? Was she mated?

You said..."I have been spraying her with water with calcium in it because she isn't eating on top of the automatic misting from the monsoon"...
Imho you would be better to getliquid calcium sandoz or gluconate and give her the calcium in a needless syringe. Calcium can irritate the eyes and skin and nasal tissue....so spraying it on her imho is not a good thing.
She always fasts during the time that she lays eggs but normally eats a ton immediately after laying. she buried all the eggs and went back to her basking light like always but she hasnt eaten since she laid them. She drinks water fine and has never been mated. I spoon fed her this morning with a calcium and multivitamin mix and since I didnt have a syringe, I sprayed her a tiny bit this morning with the D3. Im taking her to the vet first thing in the morning.

Update on Rep ar
She laid another egg and ate 3 out of the 5 super worms i left her for today while I was at work. Now shes asleep and I'm definitely scared there are more eggs in her.

It (sunken eye) happens when they are dehydrated or sick usually.
I had the automatic mister set to spray for 1 minute every 4 hours but apparently somebody changed the graduation to 20 seconds while I was gone. Do you think that could make her dehydrated?

I don't know if it's too late for a shot of oxytocin or not. A vet should be able to tell you. How long did it take her to lay them? Did she lay them all at the same time ?

Back
Top Bottom