Neonate T. jacksonii jacksonii

merumontanus

Avid Member
Today, after a long day at the studio, I came home to celebrate two birthdays in the family (on the eve of México's Independence, nonetheless), only to find a little bonus as well-- well, make that 15 bonuses so far. At this rate, only one more thing could happen to make this day even better, but I'll keep that one to myself.

3924763996_abacc7bb79.jpg

I couldn't resist taking a photo with the iPhone, but you can expect some decent photos in the next couple of days.

Salud (cheers)!

Fabián

Thanks, now comes the most difficult part. There are 15 live neonates, 2 unfertilized ova, and one of the young ones was still in its membrane when I discovered them. Thinking it was dead, I picked it up and peeled away the membrane, which caused him to wiggle and get up unaffected.

She seemed normal (on her usual perch) when I made my morning rounds today before work, so the event must have taken place in the early afternoon, given how fresh the last little one was. Nonetheless, most appear very strong, though obviously much smaller than my last xantholophus clutch, which only contained 6 neonates (not to mention they are a bit smaller, naturally).

Let's hope these do well...

3925180406_ae19ddaeb9.jpg

3924394105_bac1dcd829.jpg

3924394349_c7f31188c0.jpg

3924396771_f7776fa95a.jpg

3925185222_f6d6bea70e.jpg

3925182086_1e9c51e5fc.jpg

And of course, the mom...

3924400195_b4516160f2.jpg

3925187816_c15dfa157d.jpg

Cheers,

Fabián

Why must I leave the states now! They are simply the cutest things i've seen in some time. Great job and have fun with the babies!

Ah, no worries, Ed. They'll be here when you get back, along with some merumontanus! I hope everything is going well overseas.

Kent, how's Janet coming along? Any promising news?

Glad everyone enjoyed seeing the little ones-- I'll try to capture some more under better lighting this week. I can't stand the flash.

Edgar, felíz 199!

Fabián

Janet seems to be coming along....normally. She was already pretty round before breeding and still very much so. She still has a big appetite, too. I think we're getting close to the 4 month mark now! Unfortunately I'm going to lose Randy Jackson soon. Although he's continued to eat and drink well he has just become weaker and weaker over the last month or so. The last week I've kept him in a small Critter Keeper because he lacked the strength to not fall from branches. All the while he's kept on hand-feeding and drinking like a little trooper. It's very strange, and sad, how normal he acts while his physical capabilities continue to diminish. :( I sure hope Janet has a nice, healthy clutch.

ohhhhhhhhhhh those babies are soooooooooo cute. I love the big eyes on each side of the branch. Nice camera work.

congratulation fabian:D
since time that you wich that!!!!! take very well care of them but i know they ar in good hand

Back
Top Bottom