Tribute to Hank

jannb

Chameleon Enthusiast
I never expected to make this post. At least not so soon. And in the weeks since I’ve started I’ve also stopped almost a dozen times. It’s still unfathomable to me that he’s gone.
Hank had an incredible bond with my family, petsitter and even some special friends. I often said he was my therapy boy. Hank made the house so cheerful from morning till night and is very sadly missed.
An infection got Hank. It all started with a chin rub from his outside enclosure back in August. Hank hated being caged and we only took him out an hour max, a few days a week because he quickly grew board in the cage and wanted out and would rub his nose and face on the plastic coated hardware cloth. He was treated with Baytril along with oral antibiotics after the infection was cleaned out but a culture a few weeks later said the infection was still not completely gone so then he was treated with injectable antibiotics and oral for another 12 weeks. This time the infection was better so the vet decided to give Hank a break from antibiotics. This lasted about a month and the infection built back up in his nose and into the roof of his mouth. The infection was cleaned out again and bloodwork was done to see how Hank’s liver and kidneys were holding out. The bloodwork looked good and Hank was put on a very harsh antibiotic that we used in a nubulizer for about a month along with an oral antibiotic. Our friends Dr. Ivan Alfonso and his wife came for a visit and Ivan cleaned the infection out really well and put him on Clindamycin and Vetericyn oral antibiotic for about a month. This seems to work really well but his culture still showed some infection was there. Hank stared getting worse in December and this time we couldn’t get the infection under control and we lost Hank back before Christmas, just shy of his 4th birthday. To say our family was saddened is an understatement. But I owe it to his memory to share his pictures so that his memory is eternal. 💔

Baby Hank

6335AB7C-5BDD-4013-BC69-C33E615DE8E4.jpeg

6E6F8FC7-5196-4709-B07D-EBB4746410CA.jpeg

52A7FB32-76E5-428F-91A8-40DC3F1A2FCD.jpeg

41F1A3A7-834C-4AD6-A997-65BA7BE6A202.jpeg

AA5E7B36-DFC4-446F-A4F9-319D82CF2C5E.jpeg

3D05B1F1-DD69-4E00-A6AA-736E8D38AF11.jpeg

F241EE6C-AA6F-4A0D-88A4-34E86504438D.jpeg

98532A3A-6E57-401E-8906-24D11AAAE6D6.jpeg

I am so sorry to you and your family 😢. It’s always hard to loose them, but sometimes it hits really hard. Thank you for sharing this experience, as you know it may help others in the future. He was an absolute georgeous boy, who was just as lucky to have you as you were him.
Rest In Peace Hank.🙏

Oh no. 😢 I’m so very sorry Jann. Hank was gorgeous, sweet and I know he meant the world to you. I wish I had words that could soothe your loss. His memory lives on here in the forum, in the beautiful children he sired and in your heart forever. (((Hugs)))💗

So very sorry for your loss…Hank was a beautiful boy and I can only imagine how devastated you all are. Big warm hugs and condolences to you. Keep him in your heart.

Jann, i’m so, so sorry for your loss. Hank was an incredible little chameleon and he’ll forever be in your heart. He was unmatchably beautiful and such an amazing animal. His memory will be eternal, through the memories shared with him, and his offspring as well. Sending my biggest hugs and love to you Jann, may little Hank rest in paradise.

I am so sorry to you and your family 😢. It’s always hard to loose them, but sometimes it hits really hard. Thank you for sharing this experience, as you know it may help others in the future. He was an absolute georgeous boy, who was just as lucky to have you as you were him.
Rest In Peace Hank.🙏
Thank you Granny. Your kind words are appreciated.

Jann, i’m so, so sorry for your loss. Hank was an incredible little chameleon and he’ll forever be in your heart. He was unmatchably beautiful and such an amazing animal. His memory will be eternal, through the memories shared with him, and his offspring as well. Sending my biggest hugs and love to you Jann, may little Hank rest in paradise.

Thank you so much Cooper for all of the kind words. You are such a kind young man. Much love to you.

Back
Top Bottom