Neonate raiser rack

SMCNARY

Established Member
First the pictures from my I phone then details from my computer. This will take several posts to show and then why I have gone to this expense and work!!! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369276750.820044.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369276769.611855.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369276787.040732.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369276808.691077.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369276828.840570.jpg

It's just for fruit and a place to drop fruit flies and pinheads,used chip clips to hold it in place so I can remove it to clean and put it back in

I have been very busy of late!!!!! The TJJacksoni babies came a little sooner then I was ready for them so I have had to scramble to complete the neonate rack. I expect my 3 horn Jacksoni girl to drop a big load of babies very soon!!! The 11 babies from the one horn girl are ALL doing well so far(only 3 days old) all are eating and getting fat. The 3 horn girl is much larger and fatter so I expect more babies from her then 1 horn girl. Next post will try to explaine the design and details of the neonate rack.

Details of Neonate Rack

Started with wire shelf from lowes, 8 tubs, 1 tub fits inside the other making a total of 4 neonate tubs. Outer tube has a PVC stand on floor,inner tube has screen top and bottom. I used aluminum backed foam insulation under the tubs on the wire rack shelf. I put Flexwatt heat tape on the shelf under the outer tub. In the outer tub is 1/2 inch of water heated by the flexwatt to keep a mimum night time temp of 72 degrees and help with humidity. Flexwatt is controlled by a t-stat. On top of tubs are 4 foot uv lights(older bulbs) and a basking fixture with a 15 watt bulb. Uv lights come on first,basking lights come 45 minutes later and the reverse at night. I used a Mistking system ( man I love my 3 Mistkings) and it sprays on top of the tubs screen top. The result is a wide spread of soft gentle drops of water so as not to drown the babies. I needed a source of heat to maintain a night time temp of 72 degrees and that is why I have the flexwatt under the tubs. The reason I needed the night time heat is because I drop the whole room to 60 degrees at night for my Jacksoni and the coming Johnstoni. Everything seems to be working perfectly so far but D.. It has been a LOT of work!!! I'm sure I forgot something but I know my FRIEND MAX will call me out on it!!! :D Just kidding Brah!!! So what do u all think?

Last edited:
That looks just great Steve. You are now ready for tons of little jax running around.:D:D

Side note, I love it when people edit a post and write typo. With my dyslexia, typo should just be hard coded.:(

Back
Top Bottom