Nemo passed away

Cjd713

Hi everybody. Nemo (my veiled) passed away last night. I was planning to take him to a vet today, because he was acting a little strange, but he never made it. I hope that he's in a better place now, with many hopping crickets! The strange/funny part is that when I found him, he was hanging from his favorite branch :) It's pretty tough, as he was my first chameleon.

Conner

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Chams go downhill fast and it's best to take them to the vet at the first sign of a problem.

Sorry for your loss. I was reading back though your old threads-why did you hand feed? Did you always hand feed? Someone made a comment that he was thin and deydrated looking. Did you find a sitter for him when you had that trip?

I am sorry for your loss and hope that you can look back and maybe see what it could have been and make it a positive learning experience.

To everyone: The post from a few days ago was for my friends cham, who didn't have internet because of the massive east snowstorm. This was the same reason Nemo couldn't make it to a vet. Nemo was taken care of properly, and (though I'm waiting for the results) I'm guessing that he has been sick for awhile, just hiding it. I tried as hard as I could to save him, but without vet access, it didn't work. I'm just kind of frustrated that people on here think that it's all my fault. Oh well, life goes on :) I hope to get a new cham soon, as I enjoyed taking care of Nemo.

Thanks All,
~Conner

No one thinks it is all your fault. We have all learned from mistakes. Sometimes no matter what you do you can't save them.

Thanks everybody :) I'm sorry I sounded snappish, I was just venting, I guess. I hope that soon I can get a new one :) Again, thanks. Its nice to know that there are people who share my love of reptiles.

Conner

:( Poor little Nemo. I`m so sorry you lost him, i`m a first time owner myself and it is so difficult to spot the early signs of illness - they hide them so well.

Thanks everybody :) I'm sorry I sounded snappish, I was just venting, I guess. I hope that soon I can get a new one :) Again, thanks. Its nice to know that there are people who share my love of reptiles.

Conner

No worries, loss is always difficult. Some times it good to take you time about it. Wish you well.

Back
Top Bottom