Needing a review please

Sir Reggie

Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. long has it been in your care?How
Male Veiled
Age unknown
2 weeks today
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
None
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Crickets dubia roaches super worms all gut loaded but he don't eat
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Calcium no d
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
Mist 2 times daily fogger at night for 10 mins every hour and a dripper
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
not tested very moist white brown.
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
2x2x4 screen with back and one side covered with clear plastic
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
100watt basking bulb t5 10.0 uvb
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?Basking 85-90° using a prob temp at the bottom of the enclosed 65° at night so for 63°
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
67 at night gets down to 50 during the day.
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Live plants lots of live plants
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
Top of cage about 6'2" there is a vent but I'm trying to close it enclosure in a spare room no traffic but me
Location - Where are you geographically located?
Heart of Texas

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.
Not eating

--------------

Please Note:
The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
Photos can be very helpful.

Like Quote Reply
[IMG alt="Sir Reggie"]https://www.chameleonforums.com/data/avatars/m/70/70297.jpg?1667190139[/IMG]

Sir Reggie

New Member​

Thank you

Quote Reply
Report •••
[IMG alt="Sir Reggie"]https://www.chameleonforums.com/data/avatars/m/70/70297.jpg?1667190139[/IMG]

Sir Reggie

New Member​

How do you fill it out with answers only?

Quote Reply
Report •••

BoldItalicMore options…

Insert linkInsert imageMore options…
UndoMore options…
Preview

Font sizeText colorFont familyListAlignment
  • Align left
  • Align center
  • Align right
  • Justify text
Paragraph formatStrike-throughUnderlineInline spoilerInline code
SmiliesInsert GIFQuoteMediaInsert tableInsert horizontal lineSpoilerCodeGallery embed
RedoToggle BB codeRemove formattingDrafts

Write your reply...
Attach files

Similar threads​

[IMG alt="BostonKeith"]https://www.chameleonforums.com/data/avatars/s/69/69241.jpg?1660419897[/IMG]
New Member / Owner
Replies 22
Jun 16, 2022
K
Chameleon Importation
Replies 1
Oct 22, 2022
A
Husbandry Form
Replies 8
Aug 5, 2022
C
Captive Bred Jackson’s Chameleon
Replies 3
Apr 23, 2022
[IMG alt="ChameLeon_"]https://www.chameleonforums.com/data/avatars/s/69/69647.jpg?1659511643[/IMG]
Shopping list review
Replies 34
Oct 11, 2022

footer_chameleon1.png

Learn and share knowledge about these wondrously unique animals.

Pictures? I got Pictures

Attachments

• 20221023_074720.jpg
    20221023_074720.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 72
  • 20221020_105945.jpg
    20221020_105945.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 64
  • 20221021_110330.jpg
    20221021_110330.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 65
  • 20221020_105945.jpg
    20221020_105945.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 68
Hi and welcome! :) Can you post some closer pics of your chameleon? Do you have any that include the back of the back feet?
From a quick scan of your husbandry, the only thing that jumps out is your supplements. Yes, you’ll want to use a phosphorus for calcium without D3 at every feeding, but you also need to provide a source of multivitamins and D3. While there are several different ways to do this, the one that I find easiest for me is to use ReptiVite with D3 (or Repashy calcium plus LoD) at one feeding every other week.
I’m not sure that this would have an effect so quickly on your cham. Your cham looks to be young, so I have to ask about the size of your feeders. Anything larger than the space between the eyes is too large.

I have the repetitive ordered will be here Friday my feeders all all different sizes. But he don't eat not like they say 10 to 12 crickets a day no way I provide that many but he don't eat but maybe 2. He has never ate a worm of any kind and I provide 3 different kinds

Attachments

• 20221101_163827.jpg
    20221101_163827.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 65
I don't think the breeder I got him from is a very good one but at least he got here still alive. I've been doing the best I can but it's stressing me out that he don't eat.

I would suggest taking him to a vet (preferably one experienced with chameleons) for a general wellness visit and especially take a poo sample and have him checked for parasites. Regardless of how great a breeder is, parasites happen and depending on which kind and severity can become a serious problem.

Thanks for your time and expertise. I will make an appointment with the vet and take same poop but I'm in a small town in Texas not sure the vet will be all that knowledgeable but I'll try anything at this point. If you won't mind tagging Beman I appreciate all the advice I can get.

See my feedback in bold. :)

Chameleon
- The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. long has it been in your care?How
Male Veiled
Age unknown
2 weeks today Can you tell me the approximate length of the cham from the tip of the nose to the vent?
Handling
- How often do you handle your chameleon?
None
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Crickets dubia roaches super worms all gut loaded but he don't eat What size are the feeders?
Supplements
- What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Calcium no d Looks like this was covered. you need to be rotating a multivitamin in 2 times a month say the 1st and 15th.
Watering
- What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
Mist 2 times daily fogger at night for 10 mins every hour and a dripper How long are you misting for? Are you handmisting or have an automister?
Fecal
Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
not tested very moist white brown.
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. Where did you get this baby?
Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
2x2x4 screen with back and one side covered with clear plastic Great!
Lighting
- What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
100watt basking bulb t5 10.0 uvb 10.0 is going to be too strong... It needs 11-12inches to the basking branches below it. We recommend 5.0 or 6% UVB bulbs for a T5HO single bulb fixture. This bulb would need 8-9 inches to the branches below it for the correct UVI level. Talk to me about all of the screw in bulbs your using... Looks like 3 bulbs and they are all pretty close to the branches.
Temperature
- What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?Basking 85-90° using a prob temp at the bottom of the enclosed 65° at night so for 63° You need a probe at the basking branch below the heat to get accurate temps for basking. With a baby this small we recommend temps no hotter than 80. They can easily suffer heat issues. As baby matures the temp range at basking would be 80-85 max.
Humidity
- What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
67 at night gets down to 50 during the day. This is fine.
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Live plants lots of live plants Nice and full! good job.
Placement
- Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
Top of cage about 6'2" there is a vent but I'm trying to close it enclosure in a spare room no traffic but me
Location - Where are you geographically located?
Heart of Texas
Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.
Not eating

I would try a feeder run. Either a full throttle feeder or a shooting gallery feeder. A lot will not feed from the bird cup that can take time. Most babies are free fed. But size of feeders matter. And if the cham is overheating this can add to it along with too high of UVB exposure.

Size approximately 5 in.
Feeders all different sizes from small to medium.
Hand misting for 1 min in the am 1 min in the pm I work 12 hour night shifts so the light go on before I get home and after I leave I insure all area wet at both misting.
I purchased him from the internet. Do you want the name of the breeder?
I'm getting a 6% bulb it's coming soon.
I have a feeder run.
I will replace light with 65 watt

Attachments

• 1667419918699358763820074478055.jpg
    1667419918699358763820074478055.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 63
Size approximately 5 in.
Feeders all different sizes from small to medium.
Hand misting for 1 min in the am 1 min in the pm I work 12 hour night shifts so the light go on before I get home and after I leave I insure all area wet at both misting.
I purchased him from the internet. Do you want the name of the breeder?
I'm getting a 6% bulb it's coming soon.
I have a feeder run.
I will replace light with 65 watt

2 measurement he is 4 in
So for his size you want 1/4 inch sized feeders for crickets and dubia.

For the feeder run... You want to pull this up more to the basking level so he can see things moving in it. You want to throw in like 2 dozen feeders so he wants to go for the movement. A branch close to the front of it so he can easily get to the feeder run.

Is he drinking? Like are you seeing him drink? How are the urates?

Back
Top Bottom