need vet asap!

PXL_20210714_043453406.jpg
PXL_20210714_043219738.jpg
PXL_20210714_042936969.MP.jpg
PXL_20210714_042815389.MP.jpg
PXL_20210714_042910413.jpg

i didnt notice how much he weighed until now, his tail looks funky because he is shedding

i couldnt get a pic of his eye because hes sleeping and it goes in with his eye

dont mind the mess

the last pic is the thermometer that i have been using... there is a second detector that is at the top of the enclosure

View attachment 305452View attachment 305453View attachment 305454View attachment 305456View attachment 305455

i didnt notice how much he weighed until now, his tail looks funky because he is shedding

i couldnt get a pic of his eye because hes sleeping and it goes in with his eye

dont mind the mess

the last pic is the thermometer that i have been using... there is a second detector that is at the top of the enclosure
He is very overweight. Without even seeing the 199 grams just looking at his casque and cheeks you can tell. Needs to be reduced with feeding. 3 days a week no more then 3 medium feeders. Crickets, dubia, bsfl. No fatty feeders like waxworms or superworms. Being over weight like this can compromise their organ function.

He is very overweight. Without even seeing the 199 grams just looking at his casque and cheeks you can tell. Needs to be reduced with feeding. 3 days a week no more then 3 medium feeders. Crickets, dubia, bsfl. No fatty feeders like waxworms or superworms. Being over weight like this can compromise their organ function.
does his overweightness explain why he doesnt seem to be eating? and if i let him run around outside (obviously supervised) will that help his weight?

does his overweightness explain why he doesnt seem to be eating? and if i let him run around outside (obviously supervised) will that help his weight?
I am not trying to sound harsh but I am going to be very honest with you. It is a combo of everything lacking with the husbandry and then you add in weight issues. If organ function is compromised this starts another set of problems. Right now you have so many things that can cause issues that are not correct that we would be shooting in the dark. It is not one main thing that we can point out. UVB not being right can cause sluggishness and lack of eating. Improper supplementation can cause the same. Being overweight and the potential for kidney issues can cause the same. The cage is not set up correctly. Lighting should come from above like the sun not the side. Supplementation was incorrect. Feeding amounts and types of feeders incorrect.

Natural sun works wonders for chams that have not had the correct UVB. But watch temps outside 70-80 degree weather hotter then that and he has to be in shade. Watch for gaping that means he is too hot. You do not want to dehydrate him either.

You really need to get the correct T5HO fixture... with a 5.0 or 6% bulb and then have 8-9 inches to the basking branch. Lighting needs to be moved up to the top of the cage. You want to have a basking temp no hotter then 80-85 degrees. about 10 inches away from him so there is not a thermal burn risk.

For the weight start cutting back now like I mentioned above.

And start reading through every single module in this husbandry program. https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/

Last edited:
the stores around my area dont seem to carry the t5s so i had to order it online

before i put in the tree everything was good... the lighting was on top but i moved it to the side thinking that he couldnt get to it.

i also realized i have liquid calcium spray... do you u recommend that?

the stores around my area dont seem to carry the t5s so i had to order it online

before i put in the tree everything was good... the lighting was on top but i moved it to the side thinking that he couldnt get to it.

i also realized i have liquid calcium spray... do you u recommend that?
No, I do not recommend the liquid spray. You want a calcium without D3 powder. Reptical makes one repashy makes one. All of them carry this version. Along with your multivitamin supplement. Not sure which one you ended up buying. Feeders should be lightly dusted and immediately fed.

Back
Top Bottom