Need somone handy's help! Please!

melric

Avid Member
Alright, so I'll admit that I'm not very handy and I need someone's help to finish a project. I bought a bunch of supplies from Lowe's this weekend and I need help putting together some aluminum screen cages. Please! I'm begging you! lol.:):D:(

what's the question? do you not know how to properly frame it? or put the screen in? its very very simple, but shoot your questions, and i'll try my best to help you out ;)

i will do a detailed blue print if you would like and jot down tips and instructions. i've been wanting to do this for the forum anyways. when do you plan on building it? also, if you can send me a picture of your materials, i can improvise for it to work without you having to go and spend more money :) i'm willing to help, it isn't a problem. but due to valentine's day being today, i may not finish it completely

but if you'd like, i will e-mail you a copy and post it in a blog as well

i will do a detailed blue print if you would like and jot down tips and instructions. i've been wanting to do this for the forum anyways. when do you plan on building it? also, if you can send me a picture of your materials, i can improvise for it to work without you having to go and spend more money :) i'm willing to help, it isn't a problem. but due to valentine's day being today, i may not finish it completely

Phil you are such a sweet helpful person.:)

Ooooooooooooooo sir sir < throws hand in air > please sir may I have one too :rolleyes: ( apols if my English humour is lost in translation :eek: )

I have no materials at all would need a ' what to buy ' the complete A -Z warts 'n' all.

I am so sorry Melric for jumping on your band wagon :eek:

I have been in a dilema this end about cages and building my own would cure that and be such fun !

Are you looking for one of the locals to help you? Go the the chameleon club in LA tomorrow night and lots of people can explain what you need to know. You might score and get someone who will drop by your place and help.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/february-22nd-tues-south-bay-chameleon-keepers-meeting-54080/

I was actually looking for both, lol. Local help and ways to actually put everything together. The meeting is next coming Tuesday and for sure I'll be there.

Blueprints sound great! Thanks so much! I'm the type of person that needs instructions and I should manage, but local help is much appreciated! :D

What I wanna do is make 8 enclosures that I could mount on the wall. 4 on top and 4 below them. I'm thinking 18" wide by 24" or 36". I have ambilobe's so what do you suggest?

Okay so my current list of supplies I have aluminum screen. I have ten 8ft long 1 by 2 inch wood. A stud finder, a hand saw, a staple gun, screws, and an electric screw thing. I'll have to post pics when I get home from work. And Laurie is right, you're awesome!

You are not grovelling enough lol

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh look what the cat dragged in ;) Welcome.....great to see you x

LOL....ok I'lll i'lll bake an apple pie - I make scrummy apple pies....DOH..Canada eh dam and blast...don't know how they travel?
ok well how about................I know...I'll send you a framed pic of Princess Di and Benny Hill :D ( not together of course...that would be silly )

Better ?

lol. You don't have to grovel. Phil is going to write a blog about it.

jdog1027 posted a video on youtube I'm going to check out after work too. Everyone's help is much appreciated.

LOL! guys all your posts are great and really gave me a good smile.

Phil you are such a sweet helpful person.:)
you my friend.. are just too kind :) that's what were all here for right? to help? i don'ts mind :D

Ooooooooooooooo sir sir < throws hand in air > please sir may I have one too :rolleyes: ( apols if my English humour is lost in translation :eek: )

I have no materials at all would need a ' what to buy ' the complete A -Z warts 'n' all.

I am so sorry Melric for jumping on your band wagon :eek:

I have been in a dilema this end about cages and building my own would cure that and be such fun !
as long as you pay your tuition fee, you may send it via PayPal :rolleyes: lol, you guys are really putting me to work now! clairf, i shall help you too young grass hoppa'

Blueprints sound great! Thanks so much! I'm the type of person that needs instructions and I should manage, but local help is much appreciated! :D

What I wanna do is make 8 enclosures that I could mount on the wall. 4 on top and 4 below them. I'm thinking 18" wide by 24" or 36". I have ambilobe's so what do you suggest?

Okay so my current list of supplies I have aluminum screen. I have ten 8ft long 1 by 2 inch wood. A stud finder, a hand saw, a staple gun, screws, and an electric screw thing. I'll have to post pics when I get home from work. And Laurie is right, you're awesome!
sounds like a great project! i'm sure that would be perfectly fine for panthers, but i would suggest going a few inches taller. i would hate for you to build something awesome like this than not being able to use it in the possible future due to height issues, also, God forbid but if you ever ended up losing a cham, you would be able to properly aquire a different species with no problems excluding parsons and mellers, i would suggest at a standard 4' height, or a minimum 43''.

< butts in again :eek: >

.....sorry forgot to say...I want to build 3....2 x 2 x 4 ft

many grovelling thanks

< backs out of room bowing and tipping hat >
excuse me sir, could you please stop interrupting the class please? lol your comments are funny man. 2x2x4... 3 of em you say? i think i can manage.

lol. You don't have to grovel. Phil is going to write a blog about it.
i honestly do not mind the groveling. continue mr.clarif lol

i will be able top start tomorrow sometime, give me a day or two to complete blogs and tutorials for these two specific projects ok

excuse me sir, could you please stop interrupting the class please?[/B]

...wasn't me...wasn't me..it was ermmm < looks around > it was that Melric, yes that's who it was....A N D that denice tried to talk us into tying your shoelaces together sir.....but we didn't......see I'm a good girl...I'm a snitch :D

...wasn't me...wasn't me..it was ermmm < looks around > it was that Melric, yes that's who it was....A N D that denice tried to talk us into tying your shoelaces together sir.....but we didn't......see I'm a good girl...I'm a snitch :D

Lmao! Wow. Way to rat us out! Too funny.

The best help i can give is ... its cheaper and easier to buy them .. i did this and found out what you pay for materials .. you can buy a cage .. and then you spend all this time putting them together .. and never come out right .. or as good as store bought.. i made about 10 .. if you live near ill let you borrow my chop saw and will make a rig for you .. both much needed ..

Back
Top Bottom