Need some advice on purple froggies

Rastaman

Hello everyone? im hoping someone here might know what is happening to my red eye tree frogs. for the last couple weeks they have been changing color, into a purple color. one of them is really bad and the other looks like he has a butterfly on his back.

well here are the pics. :confused::confused::confused:

frogs025.jpg

frogs008.jpg

frogs007.jpg

How much light do you have on them? It's most likely them not having enough light (or maybe even too much light?).

I beleive they dont need any light specially UVB. just for the plants right? humidity is at around 55-60 and temps 80 during the day and 70 at night.

Someone told me on my thread NOT to use light. Ive used light for the year Ive had it and never had this prob. Just because they are nocturnal doesnt mean their skin doesnt absorb sunlight or the UVB off it. I use a sunlight bulb. I did have UVB on it but thought I would try this. It kicks off at 7pm and my frog wakes right up and at 7am when it kicks on, he nestles in for sleep. Healthy as can be, so my guess would be light as well. Some people may just be "lucky" with no light but Id rather be safe than sorry. They dont live in eternal darkness in the wild.

Back
Top Bottom