Need Help!!!

Oh! My bad. I used all fake plants and vines in the first enclosure. The only thing that was real was the parlor palm, but I didn't really add it into there until a month and a half of having him. It was probably in there a few weeks before moving it into his new eclosure. Majority of the time, fake plants were used. That same parlor palm was used in his new home. Plants in the new enclosure are Parlor Palm, Corn Plant, Golden Pothos, True Boston Fern, Schefflera Arboricola, and Dracaena 'Janet Craig Compacta'.
Ashley do you have any older pic of Basil that you can post ?

Last edited:
Any of the branches that you used in the new enclosure ...were they the same kind as the ones in the first cage then too?

Thanks for making it clearer. I answer a lot of questions on here and I don't always have time to look stuff up from other posts.

No branches were reused from the old enclsoure. You're fine! I'm trying to figure out what kind of wood we used in the new enclosure. My boyfriend says that he believes it is Oak.

Mind if I ask you to elaborate more on the internal problem? Just simply curious! (:))
Also, do you know anyone who can recommend me a vet in Mississippi? I went to a vet clinic in Jackson (an hour and a half drive) and that was the closest I can find to me that will see reptiles. It was a vet clinic that was recommended to me by another vet. Not exactly the vet clinic itself but that they see reptiles.

Sure sorry for not being more clear. By internal I mean, organ failure, parasites, etc. I don't mean to scare you, but eyes sinking in doesn't seem to be a normal thing that happens without pretty severe dehydration or an animal that is sick from something.

It could be genetic , Kidney issues , it’s not parasites that’s neg . However a sec test would not hurt . Basil did not do well that has to be kept in mind . It really stressed him .

Yeah, he went on a hunger strike after the vet visit and he loves his insects! He was mad at the world for weeks before calming down and was hiding a lot more than usual. Even when I would try to feed him, he would hiss more.

Attachments

• 5686D137-6F73-4109-9D37-425637747B78.jpeg
    5686D137-6F73-4109-9D37-425637747B78.jpeg
    162.4 KB · Views: 79
  • 20CDCED0-5619-4847-9C4B-82EC82E83B29.jpeg
    20CDCED0-5619-4847-9C4B-82EC82E83B29.jpeg
    170.2 KB · Views: 80
  • A73BE0C0-0047-475A-B29C-C1373B32E172.jpeg
    A73BE0C0-0047-475A-B29C-C1373B32E172.jpeg
    128.3 KB · Views: 78
Yeah, he went on a hunger strike after the vet visit and he loves his insects! He was mad at the world for weeks before calming down and was hiding a lot more than usual. Even when I would try to feed him, he would hiss more.
You must have been like who the hell you talking to . I’m was talking to my niece and typing this thread same time .

I know Basil was not happy . So that need to be kept in mind . What will be more harmful the stress or the issue .

You must have been like who the hell you talking to . I’m was talking to my niece and typing this thread same time .

I know Basil was not happy . So that need to be kept in mind . What will be more harmful the stress or the issue .

I was confused at first lol
Yeah, I hated it for him which is why I'm so hesitant on a vet visit. I felt like the worse person in the world. Especially since she didn't really help me and I just ended up with a big vet bill. ?

I was confused at first lol
Yeah, I hated it for him which is why I'm so hesitant on a vet visit. I felt like the worse person in the world. Especially since she didn't really help me and I just ended up with a big vet bill. ?
I know it’s really hard to find really good knowledgeable vets . Blood work would need to be done to see kidney function , x-rays lunge worm , etc . Often vets will run 3 fecal’s over x amount of time . Like I had said before with parasites one of the first signs is eyes depletes almost all however it also would be a big load and that would have been seen .

I know it’s really hard to find really good knowledgeable vets . Blood work would need to be done to see kidney function , x-rays lunge worm , etc . Often vets will run 3 fecal’s over x amount of time . Like I had said before with parasites one of the first signs is eyes depletes almost all however it also would be a big load and that would have been seen .

Yup totally agree with kristin

my replies are in purple! Thank you for the reply and the help! Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Ok do me a favor and take a ruler and measure the exact distance from top of cage to the closest basking branch... 6 inches may be pushing it for UVI level. could be on the high end of the uvi as typical distance for a 5.0 in a single fixture is 9 inches. Does the fixture sit directly on the top? Was the distance farther away in the old cage?

Ok do me a favor and take a ruler and measure the exact distance from top of cage to the closest basking branch... 6 inches may be pushing it for UVI level. could be on the high end of the uvi as typical distance for a 5.0 in a single fixture is 9 inches. Does the fixture sit directly on the top? Was the distance farther away in the old cage?

I believe the distance was actually closer before since it was before I learned about how far it needed to be. Fixture sits directly on top in a diagonal way. It was measured between 7-8 inches.

I believe the distance was actually closer before since it was before I learned about how far it needed to be. Fixture sits directly on top in a diagonal way. It was measured between 7-8 inches.
7-8 is better then 6. can you take a picture of the entire enclosure for me please?

Back
Top Bottom