Need help with tiny Silkworms....

So I ordered some silkworms to increase variety to my chameleons diet. I currently have fed them crickets (mainly) and mealworms (occasionally). I tried hornworms and they are nice, but I am trying to get away from crickets, because of the maintenance......chirping at night and a new food for the boys. When I ordered my hornworms, I ordered some silkworms,....I didn't realize when I ordered the small,.....they were gonna be so super tiny I could barely see them, didn't know how to even get them out of the pod/plastic cup, they look so small and delicate. I have mulberry food for them to make. (They have currently grown in the past few days, but I am afraid the pod of food is going to mold like the hornworm container did before I got to use them :( )

Question,......... How do I keep these little guys alive and transport them? So they can get big enough that my chameleons won't have to eat 100 to equal 1 silkworm size.

2. Any food suggestions or places to order from. I am looking into superworms,.... wax worms,.....butterworms and locusts...ect? Any and all help will be beneficial for the boys to get healthier and be happier, more experienced eaters! * Feeding a Panther chameleon and a Mueller chameleon.

:D Thanks!

I prefer using mulberry leaves instead of chow (doesn't mold or get all crumbly and gross.) keep them at at least 75, preferably a little higher. They grow much faster at a higher temperature with mulberry leaves fed 2-3 times a day. Make sure to use the new growth leaves if you use the leaves.

ALWAYS wash your hands before you handle the silkworms and their food or they may start to die off (especially with chow.)

Btw, I have dubia and blue bottle fly spikes if you want to buy some.

awesome. I bought the mulberry food,. but its powder, I will look into fresh leaves,..... and thanks for your input! Also,. I will defiantly keep you in mind for those bugs you mentioned. When I get home tonight, I wanna look into dubia and blue bottle fly spikes, ect and get back with you!

awesome. I bought the mulberry food,. but its powder, I will look into fresh leaves,..... and thanks for your input! Also,. I will defiantly keep you in mind for those bugs you mentioned. When I get home tonight, I wanna look into dubia and blue bottle fly spikes, ect and get back with you!

[email protected] is trimming her mulberry tree and giving away FREE lleaves (FL).. you pay shipping.

Back
Top Bottom