Need Help with Houdini’s age & type of cham

You're welcome. I allow up to 15 on Sunday's (vitamin/ d3 dusting days) though they all still tend to only take around 10 to 12 mark. On the first feed day of each month they are offered a single bug of what that days feeders are first that has had a drop of liquid vit A put on it before being offered the rest of that days feeders are offered so I know they got that month's vit A bug. How many supers are you offering? Any other feeders besides those two in your rotation?
This is a good idea! I think I will do this today. I give one or 2 with 8 crickets. No other feeders but he does occasionally eat his pothos but not very often

B2BDE6BC-2C5A-493A-A8B7-7D523A2238AE.jpeg
I think he’s a male. He suddenly has sooo much color
I still say female.

I just love these posts of chameleons that seem sexualy ambiguous! Haha, what a blast! I feel the urge to declare that I lean towards this adorable little critter being .......... "MALE"! Haha, hope I am not wrong! :p:eek::ROFLMAO:(y)

My vote is male. And if you don’t know the local based on the paperwork from the breeder, you may never know. If you want to know exactly what local, and purchase a specific sex, you should have bought from an experienced breeder. You rolled the dice, but surprises are fun too.

None of my females have hemipeni bumps at the base of their tails. Are you referring to the "bump" of the anus on females? There's my wc female's tail vs my younger nosy be male's tail. Clearly no hemipeni buldge on the base of the female tail vs the male. The male was 3 months in that pic.

Female
View attachment 204851

Male
View attachment 204852
but the bump in the pictures shown isn't very large at all rather its a small amount of fat its like. The colors it has shown as well arent of what any baby male ive seen. It would be showing lots of bright colors not a white kind of color.

but the bump in the pictures shown isn't very large at all rather its a small amount of fat its like. The colors it has shown as well arent of what any baby male ive seen. It would be showing lots of bright colors not a white kind of color.

Males can take a bit to color up as well. For instance, another thread where it was being debated male or female and it ended up being male. This male was also 4 months old.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/male-or-female-4-month-old-panther-chameleon.162256/

My young ambilobe male didn't start to really color until he was around the 4 month mark as well. How ever my young nosy be male came with loads of color already at 3 months as evidenced by my pic earlier. That's not a fat sack, that is a hemipeni bulge. The most recent pic from today posted clearly shows it. Here is Ares my younger ambilobe male. As you can see he started with a small bulge too.

The day he arrived
20171205_120737-1.jpg

4 days after he arrived
20171209_161217-1.jpg

25 days later.
20171229_194344-1.jpg

3 months later
20180324_122557-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom