Need Help...Please Sex This Faly...

Besides the lack of color, Look at Chuck's lil boy https://www.chameleonforums.com/nosy-falys-2-days-28179/ at just 2 months he has a defined Hemipenal bulge. The pics of the cham in question, with the tail straight out has no bulge what so ever. That reason alone I would question this animal as a male. Chucks lil fella may be an outstanding male, but at 6 months you would expect some bulge. That is unless on his way to your friends house he went by way of Sweden for an operation. :eek:

Isn't that Trinidad Colorado? It's funny you mentioned Chuck's Faly's... I was went to look at those pictures as well and then saw your post. Every animal is different, but I would expect she didn't get the sex-change operation in Sweden or Trinidad! :eek:

A lot of white for a female and I know you can't sex by colors, but make you think... hummmmm. No buldge though... I think you should name it "Pat." Anyone have any fired-up female Faly pictures they want to share so we can compare them. I only have one female Faly, but I'm still waiting to confirm it is a Faly... but when mine fires up, she isn't white. Mine looks like a fired up ambilobe/ambanja/nosy be... like they all kinda look like.

Looks like more female traits than male though... If you don't want her, I'll take her. :D

Red throat, no rosteral process, no bulge, color,

Its a female. THe only thing that throws me off is the black bars.

None the less, at that age, and if someone had a few male and females of the same age to look at, no mistake should have been made.

I would post photos of the 2 males n 1 female we got from the same breeder but don't have any photos of them at the moment

It looks like a female to me, whether it is a male or female I think they way its being handled is a little childish and very rude.

Mainly this "threatening" comment:
"Rest assured, if it turns out that a correction is needed in the place of the seller, and the issue is not resolved in friendly professional manner, there will be a very nice thread to Read on the topic in the FaunaClassifieds BOI."

It is not hard to figure out who you are talking since only one or two people have actually produce Faly and raised them to that age. I would say its one of Pam's just looking at the age and the number she produced. But nevertheless it is so easy for people to criticize when they themselves have never produced or had to face sexing chameleons at a young age. Honestly, it is a risk you take when buying a younger chameleon and I am sure the Pam in no way meant to wrong you. I am sure the Pam will try to help even if there are no males available, you may not get the male you wanted, but I know Pam and she will make good on anything if it is wrong...which is very rarely. Again, this give you no right to go and hastily threaten a breeder on a forum where 99.9% of the people on the forum have absolutely no clue because they themselves have never raised Faly or for that matter raised a significant number of animals to have any credibility.

So my thoughts are female and I am sure if you are a little more courteous to the breeder, she will treat you right.

Good looking animal, I'll surely take it if you don't want it.

-chris

It looks like a female to me, whether it is a male or female I think they way its being handled is a little childish and very rude.

Mainly this "threatening" comment:
"Rest assured, if it turns out that a correction is needed in the place of the seller, and the issue is not resolved in friendly professional manner, there will be a very nice thread to Read on the topic in the FaunaClassifieds BOI."

It is not hard to figure out who you are talking since only one or two people have actually produce Faly and raised them to that age. I would say its one of Pam's just looking at the age and the number she produced. But nevertheless it is so easy for people to criticize when they themselves have never produced or had to face sexing chameleons at a young age. Honestly, it is a risk you take when buying a younger chameleon and I am sure the Pam in no way meant to wrong you. I am sure the Pam will try to help even if there are no males available, you may not get the male you wanted, but I know Pam and she will make good on anything if it is wrong...which is very rarely. Again, this give you no right to go and hastily threaten a breeder on a forum where 99.9% of the people on the forum have absolutely no clue because they themselves have never raised Faly or for that matter raised a significant number of animals to have any credibility.

So my thoughts are female and I am sure if you are a little more courteous to the breeder, she will treat you right.

Good looking animal, I'll surely take it if you don't want it.

-chris

Chris to the resucue

The chameleon is 6 months old are you serious:confused:

Way to out the breeder Chris. :D . Oh and 99% of people have no idea who was being discussed. Now 100% do.

I never raised a faly and can tell you that a 6 month old female Panther is a female Panther no problem.

Last edited:
Way to out the breeder Chris. :D . Oh and 99% of people have no idea who was being discussed. Now 100% do.

Or at least we know who Chris thinks it is. I am aware of four Faly breeders and wouldnt know which supplied this animal, nor would I care.
Who the breeder is is not relevant to the intention of the thread. It appears both the owner of the chameleon and the breeder simply wanted input from the forum membership as the gender of a particular chameleons. No need for anyone to point fingers.

That said,in my very limited experience, I would guess that is a female.

Again, this give you no right to go and hastily threaten a breeder on a forum where 99.9% of the people on the forum have absolutely no clue because they themselves have never raised Faly or for that matter raised a significant number of animals to have any credibility.

I've never even had a panther. But that doesn't mean I am incapable of sexing one. Chris, buddy, this isn't rocket science. You don't need a degree in zoology or herpetology to have half an idea of what your talking about. You and I get along pretty well, but man, that has to be one of the most arrogant, pompous statements I've seen you make. I think you are letting your feelings toward this breeder cloud your posting judgment..And if you stop and think about who made this post. Don't you think Joe tried everything in his power including talking to the breeder, at least by email, before he would post this?

Chris... Why were you unable to respect my request to keep this dispute and the name of the breeder off the thread?

You obviously don't understand the situation based on your presumptuous comments. As much as I would like to elaborate to make you look like a further fool... For the sake of site policy and for keeping to what I said in the beginning of not wanting to publicly smear someone, I won't.

My "threatening" comment was made as I was already having to post a thread to sex a 6 month old cham that is OBVIOUSLY female to convince the Reputable Breeder that sold it that they made a mistake. IMO it is ridiculous I am even having to do this, but apparently to the seller...this step was needed for some reason. Maybe it is a threat... But based on what was going on... and how it was being handled.. I had every right to make it known that I would file a complaint... and not just roll over on it. I think the Fauna statement was more to say that this debate would not go where you took it here, and that if it had to that it would take place on the proper boards.

I will say that the situation is being handled... and everything should be resolved with no further issues.

I wanted to keep the sellers name of this thread... Not just to be polite to the seller, BUT TO ADHERE TO SITE POLICY. I asked for nothing else but for you to Sex The Panther... But I guess your Ego is on the Go... That was a real cool guy move you made there Chris... Very Classy.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I've never even had a panther. But that doesn't mean I am incapable of sexing one. Chris, buddy, this isn't rocket science. You don't need a degree in zoology or herpetology to have half an idea of what your talking about. You and I get along pretty well, but man, that has to be one of the most arrogant, pompous statements I've seen you make. I think you are letting your feelings toward this breeder cloud your posting judgment..And if you stop and think about who made this post. Don't you think Joe tried everything in his power including talking to the breeder, at least by email, before he would post this?

Poetry... Pure Poetry... Exactly what I was thinking.

All I was saying is that the thread was clearly made to criticize someone, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out. Yes, we can all see that it is a female now, but at the point of sale very few people would have been able to correctly sex that Faly, I honestly doubt I would have been able to because I haven't raised up a clutch of Faly. Furthermore I know how she is, she probably offered to buy it back or pay you money or something to make it right. There was no reason to bring up a friends animal on the forum threatening anything, thats what I think is childish.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom